Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
Perhaps its stressed out?

eman b115

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
M|L;859682; said:
the spots will vary in number and intensity on the individual fish.
yeah I would say florida; I have a gar that looks very similar to yours but the spots are a little more distinct on mine; and it was id'd as a florida. nice gar either way.

fatten that gar a little and it would look even better. I've got 1 that I'm letting go to 1 of our members; would love to keep the guy but getting too large for me to keep in my tank. that thing is pushing 16" or so. great looking specimen.

If this is your first gar believe me they are an awsome fish you gonna love the thing. Oh watch out they like to snap they jaws at you when they hungry. Mine almost got me a few times.

100GAL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
RIGHT HERE
I HAVE NOT GOT HIME YET IT IS IN QUARATINE. I WILL GET TOWARD THE END OF THE WEEK! IT IS MY FIRST ONE THOUGH! I AM EXCITED!
WILL HE BE OK WITH A 13-14" FAT FIRE EEL? THE GAR IS AROUND 10"

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

eman b115

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2006
100GAL;859705; said:
I HAVE NOT GOT HIME YET IT IS IN QUARATINE. I WILL GET TOWARD THE END OF THE WEEK! IT IS MY FIRST ONE THOUGH! I AM EXCITED!
WILL HE BE OK WITH A 13-14" FAT FIRE EEL? THE GAR IS AROUND 10"

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!
I don't see a problem with the fire eel..although I have never kept fire eels and dont know what their personalities are like. but I have a 7" maybe a lil larger clown loach and a 9" delhezi bichir with the gar right now and the gar never goes after any of it's tank mates...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store