10 gallon aptasia eater?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
is there anything that'll get rid of aptasia that will live comfortably in a 10gal?
mean other than like injesting hot water into them or chemicals. a fish is the prefered means of removal here.
it's my friends tank and im kinda stumped as to what to do.

sprayin70

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2006
ga
I usually take a syringe and inject aptisa with pure calcium liquid. works every time. Somw times peppermint shrimp will eat them.

VLDesign

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2007
IL
I put in 4 behgia <sp?> nudibranch's in my tank and within 6 months jsut about all the aptasia are gone. Problem is once those are gone there is no more food for them and unless you can find them and get them to another tank with aptasia they die.

They are small too, so finding them is not so easy.

Downside, they can be pricey but worth every penny.

TheRayMaster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
I had a 3 gallon nano reef that was completely infested with them and I put in 3 peppermint shrimp and they went to town. They were all visibly gone in a day but I left the shrimp in there for another few days just to make sure. Then when I was confident they were gone I took the shrimp out

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
What are aptasia anyway? Are they a fast growing type of coral or what?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
tiny anenomes i think.

chrisdef15

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2005
Australia
Yeah tiny anenomes. If you only have a few i wouldnt be to worried. Some of them can look nice. Its when you start noticing heaps it can be a problem. They have a bad sting and can quickly kill of other corals.
Do ya have many corals to worry about?

BIGgourami

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
Chicago, IL
no he just has one magenta pseudo and a few snails that keep dying, do you think this is the culpret?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store