"Leak proof" canisters

RTCatz

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 18, 2006
los angeles
I read the box of an XP4 filter and it stated that their canisters are "leak proof." Anyone know if this is possible...is it really leak proof ??

ilubtaimei

Candiru
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
hahaha,funny bro, i was just downstairs fixing my leaking xp3,hahahaha,and now i see this thread!!!!funny,i had to silicone it!

btw mine was leaking at the place where the wire of the plug gose in!

merc123

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2007
North GA
ilubtaimei;866777; said:
hahaha,funny bro, i was just downstairs fixing my leaking xp3,hahahaha,and now i see this thread!!!!funny,i had to silicone it!

btw mine was leaking at the place where the wire of the plug gose in!

That's not a leak, that means there is a problem with it. You may have gotten water somewhere it shouldn't be when you used the quick disconnect and pulled it out of the filter. I had mine that was dripping water from the power cord like that. I completely disassembled it and put it back together and dried out the top half. It fixed it.

freeskierrocket

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2005
SouthEast, PA, USA
my 89$ xp3's have not leaked a drop in 2 yrs ..............meanwhile my pos $ 300+ eheim 2028 pro 2 has caused me to prematurely age and get grey hair..........mini floods times 3.....broken double tap connectors....defective tops, etc, etc..............aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! I am on a first name basis with eheim north america (just about)............:(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store