EHEIM 2215

cabouta1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Houston, Texas
Hey guys,
Just wanted to see if anyone out there had good experiences using this Eheim with other media other than the one it comes with. Just got one, but it did not come with any media. What do you guys suggest would work with this. Thanks.

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
I don't know why, but when I have another eheim I just always fill them up the way it is suggested by eheim. Works good for me.

sohfatfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
S'pore
You can use bio home as well instead of eheim shubsrat. You can practically use anymedia you want and arrange it anyway... just make sure you have a piece of wool to filter out any tiny particles before it reaches the impeller as you do not want to damage it.

cabouta1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Houston, Texas
what about bio balls, would this work. I was thinking of putting some along with filter wool and some carbon. these are things i already have and didn't want to spend extra on. if it would work or has worked for someone i would try it first.

OldSchool

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 3, 2005
Edmonton, AB
I've had great luck using their standard recommended setup. Only had to clean the thing every 3-4 months, worked like a charm!

rumblesushi

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2005
ENGLAND
sohfatfish said:
Bio balls dont work efficiently in a cannister filter.. they need to be exposed to air to work well.
That's not true. They are still a great breeding ground for bacteria underwater, they just won't cultivate as well as when they are exposed to atmospheric oxygen.

I have an internal canister with bioballs and it works very well.

cabouta1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 31, 2005
Houston, Texas
rumblesushi said:
That's not true. They are still a great breeding ground for bacteria underwater, they just won't cultivate as well as when they are exposed to atmospheric oxygen.

I have an internal canister with bioballs and it works very well.
thanks, i think i will try it and see how it works.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store