OK...ARE STIGRAYS LEGAL IN OKLAHOMA????

100GAL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
RIGHT HERE
I have mentioned on here about getting a stingray and tfd said they are legal. I looked on the "sticky" of the restricted species. and it shows potomotrygon. I called my lfs which they think that gars a ilegal here(which they are not) and they told me thay are a nono ? Can anybody tell me for sure whether I am ok?:WHOA:

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Hello
If the stingray is listed under your state's restricted list, then it is... well, let's just say that it is illegal as per your state. Don't trust a LFS. They still slip up (intentionally or not)

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
I just looked at the list on here - and it's quite plainly in sight, that they are prohibited in Oklahoma. Sorry for the bad news!

santoury

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 8, 2006
Massachusetts
Who would you trust, a guy in Ohio (No offense at all, whatsoever) or a list that your state's legal enforcement/authorities have come up with?

And to be on the safe side - Call your state authorities.

Fish Room Plus

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
is there something confusing about this
(11) Freshwater Stingray group: Paratrygon spp., Potomotrygon spp., and Disceus spp.

100GAL

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2007
RIGHT HERE
santoury;916241; said:
Who would you trust, a guy in Ohio (No offense at all, whatsoever) or a list that your state's legal enforcement/authorities have come up with?

And to be on the safe side - Call your state authorities.

Well just like you said this.. Makes me think should I trust this list too?

Is this list copied directly from the authorities?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store