Why Bearded Dragon?

Sarcosuchus

Candiru
MFK Member
Oct 28, 2006
Everywhere
Some of you know I have planned to get a Leopard Gecko to begin my experience in lizard-keeping. While I have been asking around, I am being told that The Bearded Dragon would be awesome, that they'd go for The Bearded Dragon themselves.

A single male in a 50 gallon tank would be so much fun they said. Hmm, I have been reading online about Bearded Dragon as well as watching their videos on Youtube. These suggestions have left me wondering...:irked:

I just want to start with the best choice...I am told that they are very timid, interractive, playful, does not mind being handled, hardy and active. I wish you could tell me about why The Bearded Dragon or share your knowledge and experience. Thank you for reading. :)

A funny Bearded Dragon video:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=I-CebtYwYJc&...ated&search=

BeardedDragon.jpg

Bearded.jpg

BeardedDragonR.jpg

monsternoob

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 21, 2007
England
They are alright but I am not a fan...I have found that they smell no matter how much you clean the tank. Leos are way cooler IMO.

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
it's the dragon?! i thought that smell was me all this time!

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
evilxyardxgnome;940792; said:
Beardies look cool when young but I think that adult beardies are kinda drab.
Not with all the colour morphs we're starting to get...

Fish_are_fishfood

Sea Robin
MFK Member
Aug 21, 2005
MA
I recieved an older one from after a friend's family who no longer wanted her, and she last about a year with me but I loved the experience. They are omnivorous so you dont always have to feed them crickets, some vegetables are great for them. Mines never bit me, and loved to be handled, I would let her out in my room and move the big spot light out and she would just spend the day running around the room checking out my fishtanks. She was also very calm when she was handled, always would sit on my shoulder for long periods of time. I have never had any other lizards, but my experience with my beardie was a great one.

lizzy fish 004.jpg

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
love em.....the first one we had only lived 9.5 years :headbang2 :headbang2

easy to care for... sits on your shoulder... he was reg color....but the cool look comes from the texture.....

The second one was a red morph we had for a little over a year and found him a new home when when we got a frt......a the new owner is crazy about him.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store