NLS Enhances Color - I'm a Believer

vfc

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 25, 2007
Philadelphia
I have read a few posts regarding New Life Spectrum and how it enhances color. Always the skeptic, I decided to try an experiment.

I have been feeding my two tanks of African Cichlids high quality food for a long time. I was alternating between, Hikari Cichlid Bio-Gold, Cichlid Gold, Cichlid Excel, Omega One Chichlid Flakes, Omega One Super Veggie, and NLS Cichlid Formula.

I decided to feed them NLS 3 out of 4 feedings (usually alternating with Omega One Veggie). Well after four weeks the color saturation is much higher. The red and yellow hue on my regular Protomelas Steveni Taiwan Reef and my albino version has improved noticeably. The blue in Scianenochromis Ahli, Otopharynx Lithobates, and Placidochromis Phenochilus is awesome.

So I'm a believer. The ingredient the may be responsible is the krill. That is the number one ingredient in NLS.

I'm tempted to feed them NLS solely for a month, but I'm concern about constipation. My D. Compressiceps, in particular, develops a bulge around the anus when I went a week straight with NLS. Adding the Super Veggie mix 1 out of 4 feedings helped. And as I mentioned in another thread, NLS gives my Frontosa gas!

Has anyone switched over to 100% feedings with NLS?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store