Pangasius sanitwongsei ?

Vargur

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2006
Iceland
www.fiskaspjall.is
Any of you guys have Pangasius sanitwongsei (Paroon shark), it seem that there are not many post regarding them in this forum. Please post pictures and tank size if you have one.
Those fish are common in Iceland but lots of people dont know how big they will get.

Here is a photo of my and the Pangasius sanitwongsei in my workplace.
Tank is 420 gal.

Paroon shark
Pangasius sanitwongsei
Adult length-6 1/2-8ft.
Adult wieght-200-350(possibly400+)lbs.

bukster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2007
Toledo
yeah lemme know whatever you know about em. i'm bout to get one this week but i wanna know as much as i can first.

bukster

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 9, 2007
Toledo
www.planetcatfish.com says they'll get 98.4" long or 2500mm. but who knows? that site is sometimes way off on their sizes...i mean almost 3yards long? that's kinda crazy but ya never know.

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
I would love to have some of these guys, but their size scares me off. :D

Vargur

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2006
Iceland
www.fiskaspjall.is
The tank is 200cm long and 70 cm high and the fish is getting to big for it as it needs lots of swimming space. In the wild those fisk can grow up to 250cm

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32232
Here you can get som good info on them, scroll down to 5th monster catfish.

They grow fast but I carefully watch the amonth of food for him and feed lots og vegtables to keep water quality better.
THis fish eats what you put in the tank, potatotes, carrots, peas etc.

jconley

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 4, 2005
Columbia, MD
A few years ago, a customer gave us two about 12" long, within 8 months they were 18"-19" long and about 4"-4.5" thick! They ATE three 12" Iridescent sharks and anything else the could swallow! They were quite aggressive and behaved a lot like cichlids, always pestering everything near them.

necrocanis

Catfish God
Staff member
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2005
montana
max published wieght on these guys is 300 kg, basically that means that commercially or during some kind of scientific survey, they have caught this fish at nearly 700 lbs sometime in the past. 9' is possible in the wild, but almost unheard of. Most will never make it over the 6-7' mark. Most are actually caught way before they get to those immense sizes. Pangasianodon gigas max published wieght is 350 kg, nearly 800 lbs. These sizes are given on fishbase.org, and other very reputible sites, and publishes sources.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store