12" spotted gar + cubes of frozen blood worm = sucess!

plausible

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
Singapore
woo my gar finally eats frozen bloodworm!:headbang2
The only thing is they eat up to 10-15cubes a day! about the same price as feeders but abit cheaper
maybe regular bloodworm and goldfish feeders can help me save abit :D

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
congrats
ive been trying to get my 17" and 10" to do that for a while
;[
with no success

plausible

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
Singapore
hehe i got it to eat market prawn and freeze dried floating shrimp ! cool it really help me save those $$ on feeders

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
cool
try hikari cichlid pellots
:D

mine love em ad my big one only eats them and cut up market shrimp, only things he eats

plausible

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
Singapore
first i have to buy them lol! now i only have (blood parrot nutri colour enhan. staple food(pellets)for blood parrot and other cichlids) the pellets are too small =)

Sixx101

Candiru
MFK Member
Sep 19, 2005
Alabama
I think its great that you got your gar to eat something other than feeders, They can get expensive really quick.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Sixx101;961393; said:
I think its great that you got your gar to eat something other than feeders, They can get expensive really quick.
Gars are not hard to get to eat things other than feeders most of these fish are naturally opportunistic..Longnosed are a different story somewhat but can still be easily trained to prepared foods.

This is not really difficult..

plausible

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 29, 2007
Singapore
Polypterus;961353;961353 said:
Your not feeding the bloodworm cubes fully frozen to the fish are you??
If so thats not that good man....Gars are cold blooded (ectothermic) animals..Feeding them fully frozen foods is not very good for their digestive system or their health..
ya i knew that i stopped right away at the 4-5th cube caused i suddenly remembered that :eek: .they were not fully frozen ,melted halfway though they were spreading the loose worms all over the tank when swallowing it luckly there the climbing pearch to clean it all up.:D
its now mainly feeding on market prawn ,FD shrimp and goldfish feeders;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store