How many eggs do dats lay on average?

Carg R

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 7, 2006
Texas
Bogwoodbruce;989122; said:
Don't even bother thinking about breeding Dats.
Come on now-with that kind of attitude Bogwood, they won't be bred by you. There are plenty of dedicated folks breeding fish that were thought impossible.

An example here in Utah: Mono sebatia (sp), A fish often said to be full marine, but easily switched to full fresh. The President of the local fresh water fish club bred them & documented the entire procedure. These fish release almost microscopic eggs that end up in with the plankton, but the parents stay in the fresh/brackish water areas. I didn't breed them so I may not have the fact exactly right, but it has and can be done in captivity.

I bet the datnioides are the same way-it will take patience and allot of research, but they will be bred in captivity.

Bogwoodbruce

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2007
Rotherham, UK
www.facebook.com
Carg R;989491; said:
Come on now-with that kind of attitude Bogwood, they won't be bred by you. There are plenty of dedicated folks breeding fish that were thought impossible.

An example here in Utah: Mono sebatia (sp), A fish often said to be full marine, but easily switched to full fresh. The President of the local fresh water fish club bred them & documented the entire procedure. These fish release almost microscopic eggs that end up in with the plankton, but the parents stay in the fresh/brackish water areas. I didn't breed them so I may not have the fact exactly right, but it has and can be done in captivity.

I bet the datnioides are the same way-it will take patience and allot of research, but they will be bred in captivity.
Sorry for what i might have sounded like but it isn't cheap as you'd need a big group and they aren't cheap.

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
I believe I read somewhere on this forum about someone actually getting eggs but they werent fertalized. So the question of "how many eggs" can be answered if you find out who that was.

TCZeli

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 27, 2007
NJ
Bogwoodbruce;989610; said:
I've heard about this beofre aswell, but there were no photos or anything.

Thats why i said it can be answered IF you FIND out who the person was.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store