help with filtration and heating...

*Marmalade*

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
manchester
hi im soon to me moving house witch has an outhouse in the garden im turing it in to a fish house to breed various fish but i dnt want to use to much electisaty so i was wondering if any one has any ideas on how i could filter and heat aroud 25 2ft to 3ft tanks and a number of small betta tanks?:confused:

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Not to sure suppose heating the room up to a constant temp and seeing how the water temp comes off?
why notchat to your lfs they must filter multy tanks<one of my lfs has a filtration system which goes through multi tanks but cant be good if one tank has whitespot theyll all get it:eek:

*Marmalade*

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
manchester
thats true...i was thinking of using air filters which wud b run of one pond pump but air filtration isnt the best i cant think of any other way....heating yeah thats a good point..thanks

ThePBM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
Hawaii / Wisconsin
i was thinking that the airpump would be the best way if you don't want to share water between tanks, but that would require more work on the water change schedule.

with that many tanks you would have no problem setting a few of them up as quarantine tanks with their own filter systems, so careful watching of your fish and tank would greatly reduce your worries about ich

*Marmalade*

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
manchester
yeah isolation tanks r a gu idea i can run a copule of internals in them. so are air filters the best way then? i would do w.c twice a week its the heating im worrid about...

ThePBM

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 26, 2007
Hawaii / Wisconsin
at 5 watts per gallon, and assuming the tanks are minimally 10 gallon tanks, that would roughly mean 1250watts of heating at the very least. maybe it would be best in the long run to insulate the outhouse?

*Marmalade*

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
manchester
lol thats a big heater! i could get my grandad to do that but then theres the matte of keeping the room at a constant temp

*Marmalade*

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2007
manchester
with a single sump any bactiera will spred with ease to other fish and tanks

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store