632 gallon AQUATIC ECOsystems fiberglass tank versus Plywood

city_of_night

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Hello everyone,

The house remodel is coming along and I am starting plans on the first monster tank.

Mother (oxydoras niger) is growing faster than expected and I need to upgrade her habitat (Knew THAT was coming)...particularly since she has decided to boot my Anthicus Adonis from his cave.....Never thought that could happen.

The plan was to build an 8' x 4' x 4' plywood tank with three pieces of 3/4 inch thick glass 3' by 3'.

Then I priced the glass and marine grade plywood....$99 a piece??? Glass at $230 a piece...

So, does anyone have one of these:

http://www.aquaticeco.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/product.detail/iid/22430/cid/4431

The 632 gallon is only one foot shorter than my plans. It still is three foot tall, which should be deep enough for my Dollars, and still have the same square footage for the catfish.

Who has one? Do you like it? This will be in the basement "game room" so it does not have to look perfect. This is where i will get away, read and watch the fish.....

With shipping to Portland, Oregon the price seems competitive and it would be SO much less work....I have a Victorian to remodel....

Dr Joe

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 8, 2006
Sixty Miles South of Tampa Florida
Yes, someone did...I just can't remember who :D, so we'll edit the title and

BUMP for a response.

DR Joe

rob0521

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2007