RED DEVIL VS. UMBEE

telluride91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2007
indiana
OK.. just recently my my red devil outgrew his 55 gal. so my friend has like a 220. i dont wanna just get rid of my red devil to some pet store so i asked him if i could put it in his tank. He says yes.. if my umbee doesnt kill it..they are both about 9 or so inches. we had an argument for a while over it. So i figured i would ask you guys. what do you think would win. both are males

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
that devil wont last much longer in that tank!

a month tops

telluride91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2007
indiana
crap.... thats not what i wanted to hear....ha we are still going to try it though. i will let you know how it goes

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Since you are adding your fish into his tank where the umbee is already established it probably won't be good for your RD. If it was the other way around it probably wouldn't be good for the umbee.

cookiemonster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2007
Washington
The RD will get owned. Umbee are probably the most aggressive cichlids out there, with the possible exception of dovii. Just use the RD as an excuse to get a bigger tank!

Caveman

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2005
Washington State
I wouldnt mix them because more then likely one of them will end up dead. There are so many mean ass Cichlids out there it is hard to say which one is the most aggressive but the most aggressive Cichlids I have ever owned were H. fasciatus and P. dovii.

sirasoni

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 13, 2006
Palos Verdes, CA
telluride91;1051920; said:
umbee's arent. neither are dovii's. its the butti that are
I wouldn't say there's a single most aggressive cichlid, but the butti wouldn't make my list of top 15 contenders.

telluride91

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2007
indiana
today we are moving them in with each other.. we are putting a divider in. and after about a week we will take it out and see how it goes from there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store