Angelfish in a cup....wal-mart.

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
How disturbing to walk into Walmart's pet department and see Angelfish being sold in tiny Betta bowls!!!! Apparently this is their "Fish of the Month" sales gimmick, which must be stopped! Angelfish are not like betta's. They do not go up to the surface to breath air. These angelfish will just die. They've no room to even move! Angelfish can double their size in just one week!

And I'm sure Walmart is not informing buyers that the angelfish can not stay living in the betta bowl. That they need a tank with a filter, heater, and room to grow!

Please everyone, take action by contacting Walmart Stores as well as your states Department of Agriculture, thru email or phone.

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
How disturbing to walk into Walmart's pet department and see Angelfish being sold in tiny Betta bowls!!!! Apparently this is their "Fish of the Month" sales gimmick, which must be stopped! Angelfish are not like betta's. They do not go up to the surface to breath air. These angelfish will just die. They've no room to even move! Angelfish can double their size in just one week!

And I'm sure Walmart is not informing buyers that the angelfish can not stay living in the betta bowl. That they need a tank with a filter, heater, and room to grow!

Please everyone, take action by contacting Walmart Stores as well as your states Department of Agriculture, thru email or phone.

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL

TribalRage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 28, 2006
Ohio
All the Walmarts by me have stopped selling fish, I'm guessing they were made to because all 3 by my house stopped at the same time.

jpjn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 10, 2007
FL
TribalRage;1056437; said:
All the Walmarts by me have stopped selling fish, I'm guessing they were made to because all 3 by my house stopped at the same time.

THAT is great news! Walmart shouldn't sell fish. They no so little as to what they're doing and most of the time their fish are covered with Ick! It's a sad site but do they care? I wish all Walmarts would stop.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Stop going to walmart. I don't even walk into their stores anymore. Call and complain though. It has worked for me in the past. I actually sent an email to walmart complaining about how terrible the fish were, and the manager called me and told me what they were doing to fix it.

I've decided it's easier to not support them.

krzr3000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 9, 2006
CT
I'm using the pics from someone on a different forum...but i thought this was absolutely crazy. I'm baffled as to how this came about...i mean they skipped guppies, livebearers, and stuck a fish that actually requires some care in a betta cup. :screwy:

Bderick67

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 18, 2006
Colorado
Wow and ya even get some live plant also. I can buy 3 healthy angels at my LFS for that price, don't get the free plant though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store