Bala Shark fading

threedifferentco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
Hey guys,

Came back home from a weekend trip and was happy to find all of my fish were still alive. As I watched them though, I noticed one bala shark had faded. I would've just written it off since their light had been out all weekend, but he's still like it today, and the other shark hadn't changed color at all.

I tried to get a picture, but the color didn't come across, but instead of being a nice shiny silver, you can almost look straight through him when the light is behind him, and he looks white otherwise. Also there's a small patch of red coming from the base of his tail.

Is this something to be concerned about? Is he showing signs of illness?

Thanks for your help

-Adam-

PS if anyone has any suggestions for getting a good photo...

Rare_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2007
White??? are his scales missing at all?? Whats the NitrAtes level in the tank?.. Ammonia Level?

it sounds preety strange and the only thing that i can think of is if he lost all his scales or something..... any pic will help.... you can turn the lights of the tank off and the lights in the room off and take a pic of him with flash on and see if that gets you a clear picture.

HTH.

threedifferentco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
Pittsburgh
white might have been an overstatement, but he is much lighter than my other shark. I'll keep trying to get a photo so you can at least see the difference....they just move so quick. Also, the red spots seem to be spreading. No longer just on the tail, but the dorsal fin as well.

Is there a way to remove them, photograph them and then return them without harm to the fish?

threedifferentco

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2007
Pittsburgh

Got some pics, keep in mind there are only 2 fish in the pics. The second pic has a good view of the red spots, caudal and dorsal fins. They were both similar in color when I got them.

Found out today my tank has Ich, going to get some stuff to help them out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store