Bumble Bee Grouper

Serygo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2004
Oregon
Is there a profile for a bumble bee grouper?

How hard is it to switch one from SW to FW???

thanks!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
There are a couple members who have had them, they probably have not seen your ? yet. I have never had one and just don't know.

Gamble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
I think Marshy has one..

Serygo

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2004
Oregon
I know of the people that have the f/w ones,,, i am just curious about the people that have the saltwater ones...
Just curious on if anyone knows of a profile and how fast they grow...
I searched the web for like 5 or 6 hrs just to find one on them, and nothing...

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
I did not find anything about switching them to fw from salt, as they get older they require more salt and as adults are fully marine, kept properly they reach around 5-6 feet in about 14 years, Max size recorded was 270cm/9feet, and 880 lbs. they are Ephinephelus lanceolatus, here is a baby, a juvie at 18" and an adult.

tn_Eplan_u3.jpg

bumbl.jpg

post-25-1091827296.jpg

thebigfish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 1, 2005
chatsworth, ca
If you are talking about the "Queensland Grouper" (Epinephelus lanceolatus), we have had one in SW for aprox 4 years. This one was purchased under these conditions also. It is about 16" now, and expected to grow up to 6-8 feet. I wonder if the growth rate will be higher in SW conditions due to the excess minerals in the water?

marshy

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 6, 2005
Little Red Dot
thebigfish said:
If you are talking about the "Queensland Grouper" (Epinephelus lanceolatus), we have had one in SW for aprox 4 years. This one was purchased under these conditions also. It is about 16" now, and expected to grow up to 6-8 feet. I wonder if the growth rate will be higher in SW conditions due to the excess minerals in the water?
You mean in 4 years it grew only up tp 16 inch? That's really slow....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store