Dog Food

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
Who here can give me a good reason not to feed it to some of my fish? It seems like a cheaper way to feed my monsters... at 10dollors for 10lbs of feed. My friend did this with his Oscar for 5yrs tell it died from a dead filter one week. Im using Pedigree right now. here are the Ingredients.

Ground Whole Corn, Rice, Salmon Meal (Source of Omega-3 Fatty Acids*), Corn Gluten Meal, Meat and Bone Meal (Natural Source of Calcium), Chicken By-Product Meal (Natural Source of Glucosamine), Natural Poultry Flavor, Wheat Flour, Animal Fat (Preserved with BHA/BHT), Potassium Chloride, Wheat Gluten, Carmel Color, Vegetable Oil (Source of Linoleic Acid), Vitamins (Choline Chloride, dl-Alpha Tocopherol Acetate [Source of Vitamin E], L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate [Source of Vitamin C*], Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate [Vitamin B1], Biotin, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin Supplement [Vitamin B2], Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement), Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Potassium Iodide), Added FD&C and Lake Colors (Yellow 6, Blue 2, Red 40, Yellow 5).

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
Would work, depends on how much you like your fish.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
ewurm;1070941; said:
Would work, depends on how much you like your fish.
what do u mean? i saw pic of his fish before it died.. Its Colors where weak but it still was well feed and big.

I know someone out their make a softer dog food but still like a pellet... but i have to find it... It takes like a few mins for the dog food toget Soft... So i put them in water for 5mins and add to tank..

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I don't feel comfortable feeding that at all, it's not made for fish. I feed Omega One and Hikari Gold, I don't want HITH and I want the best color. If I wanted to save money, HBH has some decent quality foods at a lower price. Or Hikari Cichlid Staple.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
But its still pricey. And who knows if i will get HITH from dog food.. the Ingredients sound just right to me. I have a site that list all ingredients with every kind of dog food. So far this is what i have to feed them now... Ive been feeding them for 1 hole week and haven't seen or found any HITH or problems.

milkman407

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2006
in a house
I ordered 51 lbs of koi food for 73$ with shipping. I got it about a week ago and it looks and smells like puppy chow :irked: . The gold fish seem to like it though, along with the koi. not sure if i would feed it to them 24/7 though.

justin

Gambusia
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
FL
I fed my 15 lb pacus eukanuba daily with other food such as veggies, fruits and shrimp. They loved it and I had it for my dogs anyway. never any diseases and they grew quickly on it.

Bizzaro

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2006
CA
justin;1071047; said:
I fed my 15 lb pacus eukanuba daily with other food such as veggies, fruits and shrimp. They loved it and I had it for my dogs anyway. never any diseases and they grew quickly on it.
How was the colors on the fish? Eukanuba soft bites is what i was going to try next. My Oscars are the only ones to eat the hard ones with out soaking. My LMB only takes the softer ones... Same Goes with my Koi... Havent seen the CK eat. His stuck on shrimp and Smelt.

cichlid savage

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 25, 2006
Look up
Someone on here with really huge fish used dog food as a supplement to his other foods. I don;t know if I would do it though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store