PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
http://www.aquascapeonline.com/prodView.asp?idproduct=274

Scientific Name: Catoprion mento
Origin: Primarily Venezuela, also Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia.
Adult Size: 3"
Temperature: 78-81F
PH: 6.6-7.1
Tank Size: Adult specimens of this species should be maintained in a tank of at least 20 gallons.

i------> took all that info off of "Aquascapeonline" <------

the min tanksize, how many could go in a 20 gallon? they get to be 3 inchs max. . . . . . also i want to learn more about these fish but how many in a 55g?

thanks

--> PEVINE <--

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
they are -Genus Pristobrycon-

--> PEVINE <--

PiranhaBoss.dk

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2007
Denmark
www.piranhaklubben.dk
First off: C. Mento is a fin- and scale-biter. So unless yoy can offer a pretty huge, densely decorated, tank, I would suggest you settle for only one (1) specimen.

Secondly. Phylogenetically they are in the same clade as the true piranhas. Genetic research also seem to suggest that they are pretty closely related to P. nattereri, in fact, closer than the serrasalmus- species.

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
kk great info, i dont care weather they are piranha or not, i like them even if they arent. i am not trying to be rude, i would just like to kno;

"the min tanksize, how many could go in a 20 gallon? they get to be 3 inchs max. . . . . . also i want to learn more about these fish but how many in a 55g?"

:duh:

thanks

sean-820

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2007
Earth
"Catoprion mento" like someone said is in the genus catoprion like the first word in the scientific name that was given in the first post

like said its not a true piranha but in reality there are only 4 true piranhas that have been discovered (genus pygocentrus)

they are scale biters an finnippers but as long as they are well fed and have enough space they will be fine
in a 55 i would do 10 or so but i would but more when they are small and sell some as they grow

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
either they are piranha or not, i could care less. i like the fish.

does any on have any oppion on how big of a tank?

PEVINE11

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2007
Franklin N.H
www.myspace.com
Someone please help. . . . . . . some one has to know

To
The

rob page

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 18, 2007
nh
i dont see how they cant be classified as piranha they look identical to rbps in a way

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store