What dwarf pleco as tankmate for my male jag in a 75??

ahfu25

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2006
NYC
I wanted to get one of those nice dwarf pleco's to put in my 75. Only a jag in there about 8 inches with a lot of drift wood and black gravel. I going to change to sand and I wanted to order a dwarf pleco from the lfs. btw would it be okay to use marine sand in my 75. The p.h is already high in there, 7.8 even with all the drift wood in there. reason being isvbecause all my lfs only have marine sand. i dont want to use home depot or pool filter sand. I like the light color of sand. They used to carry estes sand but they havent had it in a while.

south coast nelly

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
wooh this is a difficult one as what i would imagine is you hear storys about jags going to munch evrything....but in my tank i have a candyplec at 3inches/common plec at 7 inches/gibbicep at 26inches and a hoplo at 5 inches and my 7-8inche jag doesnt even second glance them.

cookiemonster

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 17, 2007
Washington
Yes, I would think that the jag would gobble up a dwarf pleco when it gets bigger. You'll probably need a larger tank for the jag someday anyway, so get yourself a 100+ gallon tank and a bigger pleco! :headbang2 :headbang2:headbang2

JustinC

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2006
R.I.
plecos are our syndontis are in.....hahaha

ejack3377

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2007
Waltham,Ma
I have a clown pl*co with a GT and Texas

mssassysan2000

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
Tha Club
cookiemonster;1080096; said:
Yes, I would think that the jag would gobble up a dwarf pleco when it gets bigger. You'll probably need a larger tank for the jag someday anyway, so get yourself a 100+ gallon tank and a bigger pleco! :headbang2 :headbang2:headbang2
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store