What dwarf pleco as tankmate for my male jag in a 75??

ahfu25

Gambusia
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2006
NYC
I wanted to get one of those nice dwarf pleco's to put in my 75. Only a jag in there about 8 inches with a lot of drift wood and black gravel. I going to change to sand and I wanted to order a dwarf pleco from the lfs. btw would it be okay to use marine sand in my 75. The p.h is already high in there, 7.8 even with all the drift wood in there. reason being isvbecause all my lfs only have marine sand. i dont want to use home depot or pool filter sand. I like the light color of sand. They used to carry estes sand but they havent had it in a while.

davo

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 9, 2006
England
Dont know what a dwarf pleco would be, but you want as close to neutral as you can get. 7.8 would be ok, wouldn't want to go any higher if you could though, being that these fish come from slightly acidic water, and like everything, long term health isn't always great when put in the high alkaline tanks.

Bsixxx

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2006
you would be safer adding a heavily armored plec rather than small, because your jag will find it no matter what and try to kill it, so you would be better off with something that can take beatings

WyldFya

Baryancistrus demantoides
MFK Member
Dec 23, 2005
Moscow, ID
As stated, dwarf pleco doesn't really indicate what you are talking about. Unless you are talking about ancistrus claro...? Small exotics will not do well with a jag. Your better of with a big panaque, acanthicus, megalancistrus, common, or other large plec.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store