11'' Wide Bar on pellets

DiXoN

English MFKer
MFK Member
Sep 5, 2004
Sunderland, England
Well for a while i tried to get my wide bar on pellets and it would not touch them.
well yesterday it decided to try them as my aro was eating them,even before i got my aro my other fish were eating them it never bothered but i think its a little jealous of my aro.
its all good i want it too eat these although my pellet bill will rise very sharply but some things just happen after you give up trying.
dixon

Gr8KarmaSF

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Jul 23, 2005
Quarantine Tank
im still trying to break my dat into eating pellets, ive already tried garlic extract and its already been 3 weeks!!!

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
Dude you have a blessing.. Would you rather spend money on pellets or feed your fish 5.99 lb shrimp all the time

Jesse

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
Hikari Sinking Carnivore Pellets are the only pellets my datnoids typically eat. Unfortunately, those pellets are expensive ($54 for 2.2 lbs). If they were a Chinese guy (like me), I'd name them Cost Lee. :(

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Mine eats everything, from cheapo Shrimp Pellets, to Trout Chow, Hikari Sinking krill and shrimps. Hate feeding cheapo pellets though...too messy.

unknownuza13

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 27, 2005
for you guys who do have them on pellets Did it take a lot of work? Mine show no interest whatsoever

Vitaliy

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 18, 2005
Brooklyn, NY
vitaliy.info
unknownuza13 said:
for you guys who do have them on pellets Did it take a lot of work? Mine show no interest whatsoever
Datnoids are known for refusing pellets and only wanting to eat live food. Some people are lucky enough and get their Dats to eat pellets after being starved for a couple of days and time to time you have Datnoids that will keep refusing everything but live.

Dont feed your Dat for a couple of days and then try some pellets.

twk1

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2005
Home
Congrats to all that have their Dats feeding on Pellets... i'm jealous... Mine never accepted pellets... just raw shrimp. :WTF: Oh Well. :)

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Vitaliy said:
Datnoids are known for refusing pellets and only wanting to eat live food. Some people are lucky enough and get their Dats to eat pellets after being starved for a couple of days and time to time you have Datnoids that will keep refusing everything but live.

Dont feed your Dat for a couple of days and then try some pellets.

Maybe im just lucky but after the starvation method of a week or 2, most of the dats ive had ate pellets and or shrimp. But i get that from rays.. starve them for a week and they still refuse shrimps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store