ARE MY FISH YAWNING, OR is this something else?

88GT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2007
Texas
My fish open their mouths and spread their gills ...slowly...And it makes me yawn as if Im seeing a person yawn. Do fish yawn, or is this a gill cleaning of some sort? They open their mouths as wide as they can get it open I think. Its not during feeding

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
It's kind of like stretching for a fish.

mike dunagan

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 11, 2006
Pendleton, IN
www.freewebs.com
I think they are just screwing with you... lull you into a safe sleep then blam... your 14 year old daughter is knocked up and their stealing money from your dresser.

well that is what I heard...

88GT

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 16, 2007
Texas
mike dunagan;1082425; said:
I think they are just screwing with you... lull you into a safe sleep then blam... your 14 year old daughter is knocked up and their stealing money from your dresser.

:nilly: :ROFL:

dominicolas

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2007
Austin(coolerthanwhereyoulive),Tx
They do that for two reasons, one is to prime their mouths to eat by stretching it. You'll see that right before they eat. Also, and this will sound gross, they do it to keep food down. Have you ever began to throw up. you gag once or twice and then the flood gates open. A fish will shove all the food it can into it's stomach and sometines that is to much. So this kind of gagging happens to allow them to stretch their insides and keep the food down to stopp the flood.

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
mike dunagan;1082425; said:

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

Sarcasm redefined....

:ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store