Rays with polypterus?

sjick

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 21, 2007
monster
i keep some reti's with a smal polypterus.. i haven't had any problems yet.. but i've heard of some polypterus taking a bite of a ray disk... sorry for bad english.. im dutch

Gumby79

Candiru
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2006
Calgary
We keep them together. Mostly it's fine but now and then the bichirs do take a chunk out of the rays disc. It heals over though and it doesn't happen so often that it is something to worry about.

filiportela

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 13, 2005
portugal
i put them in different tanks... and i'm not thinking of risking something like that.... best play it safe with rays ;)

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
it worked for me in the past and I may try it again but it will depend on the rays....

Zeppelin3k

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 3, 2006
Appleton, WI
bumping this, does anyone have pics of bichirs with their rays? Right now I have a 7" motoro with 3 4-5" senegal bichirs and it seems like the bichirs will bite the ray on accident. So far he hasnt gotten any chunks tore out but I think with my big ornate that i plan to put him with would take a nice sized chunk out... seems like an issue that would happen often. Some more replys please

Nic

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Oct 8, 2005
outside philly
ill look tomarrow to see if i have any pics of my endlicheris and rays together... i just deleted my old ornate and endli shots with my old motoro in my 90...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store