Which other fish can go with my Cichlids?

nLinked

Feeder Fish
Sep 5, 2007
Unknown
I have a few cichlids along with a weather loach, a clown loach an Angelfish and a Discus.

They all get along perfectly well. There's never any fighting. I will be getting a Mono Sabae soon, but my tank has loads of space left and I want just a few more other fish.

Which other's will get along well enough? Since there's lots of space and hiding places, I don't mind any slightly territorial ones. I do want something colorful.

CichlidAddict

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 19, 2006
MN
We're going to need more information before we can answer your question.
How big is the tank?
What do you have for filtration?
What are the current inhabitants?
How big are they?

nLinked

Feeder Fish
Sep 5, 2007
Unknown
CichlidAddict;1113908; said:
We're going to need more information before we can answer your question.
How big is the tank?
What do you have for filtration?
What are the current inhabitants?
How big are they?
The tank holds 800 litres. It has a good external filter. The current fish I've mention above are all aproximately 6 cm in length.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
The mono is brackish/marine and the weather loach isn't going to be comfortable long-term in the temperatures required for discus.

Nova 8

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Feb 10, 2007
South Australia
nLinked;1113900; said:
I have a few cichlids
What type of Cichlids?

nLinked;1113900; said:
along with a weather loach, a clown loach an Angelfish and a Discus.
Get more of the same loaches, they will appreciate more of the same fish. Also Angel fish and Discus are cichlids, I'm not sure if you know this as you said I have cichlids + discus and angels?

nLinked;1113900; said:
I will be getting a Mono Sabae soon
As previously stated, these fish are brackish and the other fish, esp the loaches, will not like all that salt in the water.

Depending on what the cichlids are I would get some more angels or ditch it, I would get rid of the discus, get more loaches and school of silver dollars.

mbunafishkeeper

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2007
Bristol (UK)
maybe get rid of discus or get a new tank for them and keep some more aggressive cichlids maybe angels get beaten though

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store