Help id this mahseer fish.

megatron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2007
MY
the one with a black lined (A) what is it exactly? couldnt find on the internet. i just know that the adult color for this fish (A) is blue and the one without black lined (B) is red. common blue mahseer usually dont have any black line. thanks.

indiangypsy

Feeder Fish
Sep 11, 2007
India
it could either be one of two:

1) Tor Khudree- The Deccan Mahseer
2) Tor Mussalah- The Cauvery Humback Mahseer

Since they are uviniles, its impossible to be certian right now... for all you know, they might not be mahseer at all... furthermore, there is no 'blue' mahseer...

the species are:

1) Golden Mahseer aka Yellow Fins
2) Red Mahseer aka Red Fins
3) Chocolate Mahseer
4) Black Mahseer
5) Deccan Mahseer
6) Cauvery or Humback mahseer

Cheers,

IG

sauroid

Candiru
MFK Member
May 7, 2005
somewhere in asia
nice to see knowledgable replies from first time posters. thanks for the info and welcome to MFK indiangypsy.

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
sauroid;1121981; said:
nice to see knowledgable replies from first time posters. thanks for the info and welcome to MFK indiangypsy.

I agree! Nice knowledge. And welcome my friend....Welcome.....

megatron

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2007
MY
Thanks for the replies guys. Finally after doing some research with the LFS which i bought from and some local villagers this is the closest result :

A = click here and click here

B = click here and click here

An adult of 'A' if you look from above aka bird's eye view you'll see shiny blue-ish armor-like scale and its very amazing. much-much more amazing than looking at the red's one. i will try to take a picture and post it here a.s.a.p.
Yes they're protected species.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
welcome to this site, and thanks for sharing these fish. depending on where your fish come from, and where you got them from, it will help pinpoint what you have.

neolissochilus stracheyi is probably correct for the first one

the second one could be tor soro, or tor tambroides, both of these fish if you're from malaysia/thailand region.

if the fish come from india, that is where the larger masheers come from, like Indiangypsy mentioned.

megatron;1123615; said:
Thanks for the replies guys. Finally after doing some research with the LFS which i bought from and some local villagers this is the closest result :

A = click here and click here

B = click here and click here

An adult of 'A' if you look from above aka bird's eye view you'll see shiny blue-ish armor-like scale and its very amazing. much-much more amazing than looking at the red's one. i will try to take a picture and post it here a.s.a.p.
Yes they're protected species.

fugupuff

M.A.N. Community Vendor
Community Vendor
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2005
Fish Heaven
Hampala;2172279; said:
Hi.. this my mahseer
nice fish, where are you from and where are these fish from ? the first one looks like tor khudree and the second set looks like neolissochilus or tor progenious, the round nose variety, obviously.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store