10" Clown Knife with 20" Arowana?

robkob

Candiru
MFK Member
May 28, 2005
lost
I have a foot long ck with a big aro, and they get along fine in my 850.

Rare_Cichlids

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2007
what kind of aro?? if its a silver or a black than yes but if its a Jardini than it depends how agressive he is.

KenyanSandBoa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
Massachusetts
robkob;1126455; said:
I have a foot long ck with a big aro, and they get along fine in my 850.
Nice!!! Have you posted pics on the site?? I wouldn't mind seeing that.:naughty:

Rare_Cichlids;1126774; said:
what kind of aro?? if its a silver or a black than yes but if its a Jardini than it depends how agressive he is.
That's what I was thinking too.

With a silver or a black, usually as long as they can't fit the fish in their mouth...they will ignore it.

With a Jardini...that's a different story. You may have to use dither fish to distract the majority of the Jars aggression, but sometimes they are fine. My Jar is just over 12" now, and he's not bad at all. Every once and a while he takes a swipe at one of the dithers (Tinfoil Barbs), but it has never been anything bad...he actually gets pushed around by my Jade Gobies once and a while.:screwy:

doubledragon

The House Of Endlie
MFK Member
Nov 19, 2006
ohio
All I can say is trial and error. Sound's like a o.k. combo, but just make sure you have a spare tank ready for one of them, just incase. Also give the ck a couble of hiding spot's. That will make it a little easier. Also make sure the top has some kind of weight's on it, if the ck charges up on the aro, that might be bad news all the way around.....

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia/Perth, Australia
yeh i grew out two baby CKs with my 3 year old arow in the past. they flourished and outgrew the arow in a year. not without a few scratches though but never something serious. it should be fine if u ask me. good luck :)

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia/Perth, Australia
oh ull be surprised. i saw my smaller CK nip the fins of my much larger but much more docile arowana when they were crammed in a small 4 feet tank. the CK attacked 3 seconds after being thrown in the tank which shows how territorial they can get. the poor docile arowana didnt stand a chance. the CK is now over 3 feet in length...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store