tips for a sulcata

sma

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 5, 2006
OC
Getting my first sulcata in like two weeks and i was looking for some tips. I been doing research on them already and know most of the basics. I will be building him a pen in my garage for him to stay in for the winter and when he is still small. How much wattage should his basking light be and what should i use for bedding? I have a section in my backyard ready for him when he gets bigger. Would a 1 yearold sulcata be able to live outside year round in So Cal.?

vicedretard

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2006
in the river
i dont know anything about the temp of socal but if it resembles hawaii yeas year round is good but cause from the desert keep minimal exposure to the rain if forecasted for heavy rain put them in a pen. its better to do that then have him get soaked before he gets wet and cold and develops a URI. KEep heat above 70's at night and mid to hig 80's in day feed them a balanced healthy diet...wattage for heat depends on how big of a pen and how close the bulb is to the pen...run uv on the pen for sure and remember that alot of UV bulbs will lose strength if they are a foot or more away from the pen... im sure others will chime in soon

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store