Lump on my Ck's Chin?

_Sushi_

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
South East Michigan
I posted a question about this in my other thread, but I figured it would be better to start a different thread for this problem.

I just got my clown knife earlier today, and he's between 9-11 inches, I haven't officially measured him yet, since he's settling into his new home.

But I noticed when we got him, that he has a largish lump on his chin. I took a picture of it, and I will be posting it here. But, I need to know what this thing is, and if it's potentially hazardous to Buddy's health.

Oh BTW, I think I may have found out why he's so small.....he was in a 35 gallon Hex tank!!

I will add the pics on later, since they are taking way too long to upload.

Thanks in Advance

Sushi

_Sushi_

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
South East Michigan
Here's a pic of that lump

I should've circled it or something, but if you start at his bottom lip and go back a little bit, you should be able to see it.

Hopefully it's clear enough that someone can help me

Thanks

TLkmDN

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jul 11, 2007
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia/Perth, Australia
id say its just a 'cist' or growth. it doesnt look like a bacterial or fungus infection....u cant really do anything about it other than wait. as long as ure CK continues to eat and grow they r both indications that everything is FINEEEE to be on the safe side i would probably add sum rocksalt to the water and/or raise the temp levels. good luck :)

bjorn

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2006
new zealand
i had this on my first ck and there was nothn i could do about it. i think he may have got it from rubing on the glass? but nar not 100%

does it stick out more when he eats?

_Sushi_

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2007
South East Michigan
Bjorn, nice avi (that's my profile pic)!!

It pretty much just bobs up and down when he breathes, whenever he moves that section of his throat.

I'm glad to hear it's nothing major and life-threatening. He's still eating fine, I have some tiny minnows in his tank and he was attempting to hunt them last night. It was funny to watch.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store