SAVE MY FLOWERHORN!!! Is it the Hex for sure?

STONEDFISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Well my Flowerhorn has not been eating for the past two weeks. His feces is white and puffy, and he is somewhat lethargic. He is usually fed Hikari Cichlid Gold, and market shrimp. I did give him some feeder goldfish before he stopped eating. I've added salt to his tank, bumped the temperature up to around 84, and dosed the tank twice with two kinds of internal parasite meds. I bought some anti-parasite food....but he won't eat anything, so that was useless. If I had Hexitima, wouldn't it be gone by now? How long can this fish go with out eating? I'm wondering if there is another disease that might have similar symptoms? I need help big time! Here are some pictures of the feces and the fish.
STONEDFISH

DSCN2281.JPG

DSCN2285.JPG

DSCN2283.JPG

STONEDFISH

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
DeLgAdO;1157162; said:
why do you need to force feed?

mine vaccums up anything and everything, lol.
usually, this guy does too! That's how I know he isn't well and the white poo won't stop! He isn't eating, so it's gotta be a by-product of some infection...
Arggggg!!!!!!!!:irked:
stndfsh

fishtankdork

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
pa
go to walmart or lfs and buy heximtia med imidiantly!!!! the earlier u start the better the chance u have
i just got 2 fish with same thing and i followed directions on box, bumbed temp to 86 and did frequent water changes. all was ok. its pills that dissolve
gl
hex is known for taking down flowerhorns

Miles

Stingray King
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2005
Spokane, WA
PraziPro .. if he's not eating, it will be hard for him to ingest it.

Talk to people in your area about a fish health expert.. we have a Koi expert here in town that can inject fish with antibiotics and meds.. We are considering injecting one of my juvenile rays because it is too young to eat red wigglers, which I could inject with a syringe.

You could try that too.. inject a liquid based internal parasite med into an earth worm, and see if he will eat that.. That new gel-tek food/med is pretty good I guess?

If worse comes to worse, pull him out of the water, pin him down, and force feed him a big dose of that gel-tek parasite gel food right down his throat.. Might be a struggle with some wrestling, but getting into his system internally is the best!

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
You can start by treating the tank water with prazi such as jungle's anti parasite tank buddies. Although this will not kick the infection it may reduce itenough that the critter starts to eat again.

fishtankdork

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
pa
yea it will be hard to get him to eat. when my fh's had hex they didn't touch food, try meds again, but give the recomened dosage. if not force feed meds is the best way to combant the disease but also stress your fish out, if ur gonna do that, i lower the temp the day of the force feeding, put a CLEAN BRAND NEW white teeshirt washed with warm water and wrap the fish in it under water, make sure the eyes are cover and gently remove the fish from the tank, when my fh's eyes are covered they spazz less, pluss wrapped in a tee he shouldn't be floppin around much, then force feed him.
gl with this dastardly disease

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store