Biohome, Filter media

derickyam

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 13, 2005
yes! Currently i am using 3-4kg of BH for my additonal overhead filter for my 5ft tank together w my 2 X eheim 2028. So far so good. Singapore is selling ard S$30 per package (ard 1kg) in a few local fish shops only.

Gamble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
truman said:
http://www.aqua-bio.com/en/biohome/

Have you guys heard of or use this stuff?

If used to specification, a little can go a long long way.

Is there anyone with independant acknowledgement of the product's claims?
Its great media Truman, no doubt about it, though it can be a little $$$ but definately worth every penny :thumbsup:

truman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
I know, I'm using about 1.2 kilos of it now.

Was wondering if anyone outside of singapore has used this product and can confirm its usefulness

Gamble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
truman said:
I know, I'm using about 1.2 kilos of it now.

Was wondering if anyone outside of singapore has used this product and can confirm its usefulness
what are your current readings now btw? guess it does work to some extent however I cant really confirm the readings on this product solely as i have way too much 'stuff' in my filter :evil_lol:

truman

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
:grinno: I don't actually test my water with kits, I usually just let the clarity of the water, the colour of my fish and their appetites, be the judge of the water conditions.

my pH is currently at 7.0

What is throughly odd to me is that our filters might be containing way to much media to begin with, and the misleading ideas that more fish means more filtration. I think that it is possible that we have actually too much filter media for our tanks here in singapore, since more never seems to hurt, we might actually go into overkill with the media and then convince ourselves we need more each time we add fish.

I think there is a logical balance to the amount of media we actually need and we actually want to see.

After all, a huge filtration system puts your mind to rest as the water is not so much filtered, as it is purified :hitting:

Gamble

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 6, 2005
truman said:
:grinno: I don't actually test my water with kits, I usually just let the clarity of the water, the colour of my fish and their appetites, be the judge of the water conditions.

my pH is currently at 7.0

What is throughly odd to me is that our filters might be containing way to much media to begin with, and the misleading ideas that more fish means more filtration. I think that it is possible that we have actually too much filter media for our tanks here in singapore, since more never seems to hurt, we might actually go into overkill with the media and then convince ourselves we need more each time we add fish.

I think there is a logical balance to the amount of media we actually need and we actually want to see.

After all, a huge filtration system puts your mind to rest as the water is not so much filtered, as it is purified :hitting:
lol...brudder, I could not have said it better :y220e:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store