1" dat question

CrazyBoutFish

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2007
OC, California
My friend has been Keeping fishes for a while and i've talked her into getting a 1" dat at the store.. they sell for 15dollers a peice so she got one and she is asking what she should feed em? and what is their Growth rate and how Should she feed them like techniques...

Ty

- Danny

M|L

the asian
MFK Member
Mar 29, 2005
MY LITTLE WORLD
www.facebook.com
she's a beginner, so I wouldn't recommend keeping a datnoid.

I best suggestion is to return it and get herself some easier-to-care-for fish like goldfish, guppies, etc.

but to answer your question, datnoids rarely accept dried food (i.e. pellets) so your friend must buy worms, shrimp, and other "meaty" food.

KurseD

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jun 16, 2005
the rock...671!!!
i have 4 that i got at 1in. they initialy wouldn't eat anything but bloodworms, i eventually got them to take lakesmelt gutloaded with hikari sticks. very slow growers, i've had mine for almost 6months, still under 3in.

KenyanSandBoa

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 20, 2007
Massachusetts
CrazyBoutFish;1168729; said:
U can feed all those to Baby Dats ? How bout Full Grown dats?
Yup, you can feed pretty much any frozen foods to dats. If you can get them to eat pellet then that's great, but I wouldn't count on it...not at first anyway.

You can feed the same types of foods to adults as well. My bigger guys get market shrimp, krill, Hikari sticks, smelt, and various fillets. Some of them will eat right away, but I still have a few that like to see the food look alive, so I just use a feeding stick with them. :screwy:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store