White Flowerhorn??

Murko

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2007
Japan
Just curious if any of you have ever seen a white flowerhorn? Today I stopped by the LFS and they had a lot of new fish. They were selling a white colored flowerhorn with black markings. It was also strange because it had huge teeth for it's size of only 3.5-4". Extremely aggressive too because it would flare it's gills and ram the tank whenever I got near it.

I purchased my red devil/texas FH from them in the past, but the Japanese salesman could not speak very good english when I asked what type this white one was. I am contemplating on buying it tomorrow..just wanted to see your guys input. oh yeah, my red flowerhorn is about the same size as that white one but doesnt have any visible teeth.

Reactions: Costrines

Murko

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2007
Japan
bigspizz;1178732; said:
This is pointless with no pics....
I dont carry my camera around 24/7 dude. No point to post if you dont have input. Simple question...is there such thing as white flowerhorns or no.

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Murko;1178736; said:
I dont carry my camera around 24/7 dude. No point to post if you dont have input. Simple question...is there such thing as white flowerhorns or no.

There are F.H. that are white. What about the red devil rt gt bp fh cross got pics of that?

Murko

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2007
Japan
no do you? i am really interested in the fish, but cant get any information becuz i dont speak or understand japanese. But this fish was bad ass....seriously it's teeth were like a dovii. The other red flowerhorns next to his tank were calm and didnt bang the tank or have teeth. But that little white bastard is a monster. The price was kind of iffy tho...45.00 approximately when converted from yen.

Au Duong Phong

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 8, 2006
S. cali
If you want proper inputs, got take pictures of it. But If you like it, buy it. I dont think it's a FH.
Sounds like a midas or a texas hybrid.

bigspizz

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 20, 2007
Or a black nasty (nandopsis haitensis)

Murko

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 10, 2007
Japan
Au Duong Phong;1178760; said:
If you want proper inputs, got take pictures of it. But If you like it, buy it. I dont think it's a FH.
Sounds like a midas or a texas hybrid.

nah its a FH, the japanese worker told me it was an FH, but he couldnt explain what kind in good enough english. Doesnt look anything like the fish posted below. Imagine a white fish with black stripes, dovii type teeth and thats what it looked like. I think im gonna shell out the cash tomorrow for it...but I dont know what the heck am I going to do with my current 3" dovii and 3.5" RD/Texas FH.

This one is soo much cooler in terms of aggressive behaviour then my current fat bastard FH.

fishtankdork

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2007
pa
david from aquaticwonderland.com has a sweet faded zz that is almost white in the 100-200 section. these fish look sic. if its in ir price range i would buy it.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store