No marine algae??

??SLEEPY??

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2007
Maryland
I have a 55 gallon FOWLR with a huma huma picasso triggerfish, clown grouper, and a volitan lionfish. My tank has been set up for 4 months now but dont have any algae growing in my tank except for the return sponge from the protein skimmer its red. i was wandering why wasnt nothing growing, somebody told me there need to be a lot of water circulation. What do you think??

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
First of all algae needs light to grow. Also you have to check your water levels. Your tank is probably still cycling which will hinder algae growth. I am assuming that you want Algie. However I don't know why. If you want Algie you need to make sure your levels are just right and you leave the light on, before you know it you will have to post about "how do I get rid of my Algie?"

ewurm

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 27, 2006
I think maybe he is talking about Coralline algae.

Cappuccino

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 11, 2007
New York
In that case I still think it's too soon.Also it helps if you get this chemical called "purple up"

Twitterbait

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 27, 2007
Um... Here...
www.xtremeaquatix.com
on a side note... i hope you are going to go with a bigger tank. those fish will quickly get too big for a 55.

trust me, you don't want any algae, even the corraline is a pain because you need to scrape it.

Max

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2006
tn
What are your params ? You might also have to buy a bit of l.r. with a good coraline colony growing on it . Rarely, it won't make it through the cycle or it might have been exposed to the air too long in shipment etc. Get a bit of live rock throw it in keep params in check and it will grow like crazy. Oh, and twitter is right about your tank size the water would bet rather manky fast with those large preds.
hth
Max

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store