my fei feng/loach schoal?

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
hey everyone just wanted to share a pic of my fei fengs and loaches. these fish are great they are 2 different species but they schoal up like they were the same. they follow each other everywhere.. the fei fengs are around 4.5" and the loaches are around 3" again they are a great addition to an arowana tank.. I bought the fei fengs to get rid of algea and the loaches to get rid of my snail problem and I ave grown to love the way these fish look in my aquarium.. please feel free to comment on them or ask questions if you have them.. thanks

cuban jey

"tha movement you bastards"
MFK Member
Aug 11, 2005
Tampa Bay
those are some tight loaches :D chubby lil bastards

blacktip

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 22, 2005
Cali
Do your fei feings fight at all? I know lots of people have claimed that they will end up killing each other. Curious about your experience.

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
I bought these little guys together at about 2" long. They will kind of "spar" every so often they kind of lock mouths for a split second especially when i feed. But I think since they have been together since they were small they are not particularlly territorial. I think I found a trick to getting these guys to grow though. I feed frozen krill to my aro and I make sure to over feed because all of the fish in this tank eat it.. the Fei fengs will eat this stuff until its gone. it really pumps them up.

guppy

Small Squiggly Thing
Apr 15, 2005
confused, lost, and lonely
Very nice color to them.

ballsmcgee1234

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2005
Mpls, MN
the fei feng's, are they barbs? or what? what can they be housed with? where did you get them and how much?

dodgefreak8

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2005
colorado
ballsmcgee1234 said:
the fei feng's, are they barbs? or what? what can they be housed with? where did you get them and how much?
they are actually flag tail prochilodus by name but they are called many names. they are not barbs.. these fish are amazing algea eaters.. they grow fairly large aroung 15" I think and can be territorial towards their own kind. I got them at my local fish store and they were around $35.00 each.. they are seasonal and that season is now. they can be housed with many fish but they say not to add them with rays because they have been known to suck the slime coat off..does that answer yoru question? hope so and thanks for all the comments from everyone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store