Baby Clown knife Rasing question

Aqua Sanctuary

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Oct 22, 2007
The Internet
www.myspace.com
Hello to all this is my first post. :) two days ago i purchased a baby clown knife 3 inch long, beautiful fish!!! I also bought a 75 gallon tank and i am setting it up for him/her at the moment. I have the baby knife in a 20 gallon planted and plenty of hiding places (leaned over rocks, and little tunnels) tank. He seems to happy with my three blue and gold gouramis. I am feeding the baby small krill and also flakes. He like them both and is eating well but not too much. I am aware that this fish can get over 3 foot long and i am prepared for that when it comes spared no expense. But i am in love with another type of knife fish as well. The black ghost knife is a fish i would love to take care of. I am concerned that they may not be the best tank mate since clown knifes don't do well with each other as adults. I have read that the ghost knife is very peaceful and timid but can recognize the owner and be hand fed. I was hoping to have these two knives together in one tank eventually. Does anyone have any input toward this sort of mix? Since the clown knife is a baby I was hoping to find a baby black ghost and raise them together. Is the possible?

I cant wait to get my clown in his new 75 gallon adolescent tank. I will post pictures!;)

thank you any response would be appreciated!

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
Not a good idea. The CK will probably like it less and less as they grow. I would wait for a couple of years when the CK outgrows your 75 and then get the BGK for your 75.

rallysman

Polypterus
MFK Member
Aug 7, 2005
indiana
It could live for quite a long time in a 75, possibly for life.

killerfish

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 30, 2007
colorado
yeah it takes a long time for a black ghost to get over 18'' if ever so it would live happily in a 75 for a long time and it proubly won't be a good idea to mix a ghost with a clown that proubly wouldn't work we'll for the ghost

killarbb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
iowa
^
always kinda wondered that myself

killarbb

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 19, 2008
iowa
benzjamin13;2395560; said:
CKs can grow up to an inch a month

are they like many of the fish that i have seen, having a growth spurt....

midnightCK

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 24, 2008
96815 surf
your gonna have to separate them once the CK outgrows the 75. mine live happily together for now though dont be dissuaded from trying.. they need there space tho thats for sure if i take my bgk's tunnel away he will take the other clowns spots..

post a pic ;) grats on your new fish too

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store