Viaqua stainles heater problem

Terricloth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Has anyone else used this heater? Mine malfunctioned last night killing my ornate polyp. and a school of guppies he, for some reason, never ate. I woke up this morning and the tank water was bathwater hot. 110-120F. Needless to say I'm kinda pissed and won't be buying anohter.

rayman45

Team Rayman
MFK Member
Mar 30, 2005
staten island new york
the metal heaters?
they suck

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Terricloth said:
Has anyone else used this heater? Mine malfunctioned last night killing my ornate polyp. and a school of guppies he, for some reason, never ate. I woke up this morning and the tank water was bathwater hot. 110-120F. Needless to say I'm kinda pissed and won't be buying anohter.

Im old school and still use those ebo jager heaters.. never had any problems.
Sorry about your loss. Try those titanium heaters i hear theyre more reliable.

benefit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 18, 2004
Terricloth said:
I have had Via Aquas **** out on me also. Go with Won Bros or a Ebo next time.

Terricloth

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
benefit said:
I have had Via Aquas **** out on me also. Go with Won Bros or a Ebo next time.
Well I hope yours didn't do the same thing mine did...I'll stay away from now on.

guesswho2005

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 10, 2005
Medowlakes,Alaska
I stopped using the Ebo Jager when one large pachu broke it, and thank goodness it shorted out and did not kill my fish. I'm using the titanium 350W with a temp gauage built in works fine. Must watch out with the titanium heaters get hot fast and they can burn scaless fish and rays.

twinturbo

Gambusia
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
yeah the via-aqua titanium heaters are CRAP. I have 40-50% failure rate. have bout 15 of them. only 1 over heated, the rest just DIED.... thankfully it over heated to only around 93 degrees & stays there.

redtailfool

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Feb 17, 2005
New Jersey
Thanks for the heads up guys.
I guess the moral for this thread is do not buy via aqua metal heaters..

I would stick with my beloved EBOs and if you need a heater with protection,
go with tronic ( you can buy a heater guard with it ). Next step for me would be won bros heaters. Arent they a bit pricey though? 50 bucks and up???

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store