quick ?

adamroque12

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2007
west virginia
thanks oddball, my brother has a pretty big gar and was very interested in my 2 cray fish i had in a community tank and i told him he can have one if i thought it would live lol thanks again!

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
How big is the crayfish? on several occassions, I have successfully kept crayfish with gar. just be sure to provide hiding places for the crayfish which will also keep him from nipping at the gars fins.

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
I think they will be alright...Just be sure to provide hiding places. Others may disagree, but I have done it personally without a problem. A nice peice of driftwood would make a good place to hide for him.

Polypterus

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 17, 2005
Detroit
Gar are very good at hunting down crayfish.. I regularly feed my gar Crayfish and no amount of cover works once they figure it out. A 3 some inch crayfish in a tank with a 13 inch gar is begging to eventually become a food item. It is actually quite an amusing sight to watch a gar stalk a weary crayfish. They fail often in catching it but in the end they always get it.

demjor19

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2006
PA/OH
Polypterus;1233139; said:
Gar are very good at hunting down crayfish.. I regularly feed my gar Crayfish and no amount of cover works once they figure it out. A 3 some inch crayfish in a tank with a 13 inch gar is begging to eventually become a food item. It is actually quite an amusing sight to watch a gar stalk a weary crayfish. They fail often in catching it but in the end they always get it.
this is funny...i have never had an issue w/ my gar and crayfish. once i added my pumpkinseed that changed things a bit. no more crayfish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store