How Long Has Your Equipment Lasted?

toehead11183

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Dec 4, 2006
Memphis, tn
i got a 20g penguin HOB i bought 13 years ago, still looks new if you wipe the mineral deposits off.

turbid

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Oct 7, 2007
malta
hi i have to say interpet hydor my 900 lph has been running for 10 yrs strong now. i had another one but it burned out. i got a second hand eheim 2260. going very strong

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
gulf stream wet dry 450 is awesome...has the twirling spray bars---going strong at 15 years

jjb

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2007
Rowlett Texas
oh and mag drive pumps I have had the same 1200 gph and same impeller for 10 years Iam jsut waiting for it to fry but no such kuck runs 24-7

Rakie

Candiru
MFK Member
Jul 8, 2007
So Cal
Truvu Acrylic 40g breeder. About 18 years old, my 3rd aquarium given to me by my uncle when I was about 10.

This one is a bit silly... But a gravel vac my uncle had when he first got his (At the time) huge 100g aquarium. This silly plastic hose and tube are over 25 years old, and I still use it 4x a week.

The original light that came with my 18year old Acrylic tank. NEVER stopped working till a few months ago when I upgraded my light, original bulb and everything... I tossed the bulb but I still have the rest of it.

Aquaclear 500, 4 years.

Some of you might be wondering if an 18 year old Acrylic tank passed down to me from my uncle might have some scratches ? It does. But they were made with love.... and large rocks.

Eupterus

Gambusia
MFK Member
Dec 11, 2006
Bennington, VT
I had a magnum 350..ran it about eight yrs I think...then the impeller failed..Set it aside a year or two.. Got new parts including a new impeller and then it started leaking. I have yet to fix the leak which is a shame because it's the most expensive filter I've ever bought.

I'm hoping I can fiddle with it when I stay over night at my parents house so I can monitor it for leaks. Of course how I chose this filter is someone with oscars says I have a Magnum canister and I like it...So I was sold on it. Pre- internet days..:eek:

I have various whisper and I think they are aquamaster power filters...Some of them are probably twenty years old by now. Only have two running right now. All of them are quite noisey so I'd only use them for celler tanks.

Hmmm...I guess bottom line is..I don't highly recomend any of my filters.

When I become a rich massage therapist, I'm going to switch to premium Eheim filters or something like that. :cheers:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store