diy overflow

stslimited84

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2008
PA
CHOMPERS;472390; said:
Nope. You need that little bit of loop under the tee to trap water in the bottom of the last pipe. without it, the whole thing will lose prime in the event of a power failure. It will not restart.

There is another overflow design somewhere here on MFK that keeps all of the workings outside the tank except for one down tube. Eventually I will be switching to that design because all of the fish poo tends to be at the bottom of the tank instead of at the top. ...just to satisfy the laziness in me...

Hey Chompers!

Did you ever switch to the design with just one down tube that takes the water off of the bottom to get the poo?

If so, where did you find it, and how well does it work? :headbang2

dustylane1989@hotmail.com

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
OK I fully understand how to make the overflow but on the top of the outer "U" can i just glue a air line to it on the inside leading out of the Vent to suck the air out and another idea is to glue and airline on the out side inside a hole and just put something on it to lock it up after i suck the air out. I have a black thing the gos to my power head in ,y tank that you put in side a airline it comes with a screw on top that locks it would these idea both work or not

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
OK i got it to work with just putting an airline on the top of the upside down U and putting a lock thing on it to close it up bad par it that ill have to take in a lot of saltwater im my mouth sill i put the screw on the lock thing EWWW and EEWWEE

acrosstic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
rocklin
Can someone help. Will this work? What is the purpose of the second U outside the tank that I omitted? I am most concerned with noise and flooding my house. Also, what controls the tank water height?

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
ya thats how you have to make it

soggysandwich

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 28, 2006
Chicago, IL
acrosstic;1713774; said:
Can someone help. Will this work? What is the purpose of the second U outside the tank that I omitted? I am most concerned with noise and flooding my house. Also, what controls the tank water height?

no it will not work. the purpose of the u is to prevent the over flow from loosing its prime. or simply if you power goes out all of the water will come out of the overflow causing it to not start up when the power comes back on. there by putting all the water in your sump on to your floor

acrosstic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
rocklin
soggysandwich;1715439; said:
no it will not work. the purpose of the u is to prevent the over flow from loosing its prime. or simply if you power goes out all of the water will come out of the overflow causing it to not start up when the power comes back on. there by putting all the water in your sump on to your floor
So this is the setup. Do I have everything correct?

Can someone tell me what determines the tank water level? Does it self prime and how?

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
the highest point will be you water lv. the open end that gos in you tank needs to be cut about 1/2 and inch below where you want you water lv to be.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 19, 2008
Oklahoma
www.myspace.com
o u didnt build my with an up side down you in the tanks if i made on like that i would cap in inside you and cut slices on the top of the you

acrosstic

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Apr 16, 2008
rocklin
dustylane1989@hotmail.com;1718167; said:
o u didnt build my with an up side down you in the tanks if i made on like that i would cap in inside you and cut slices on the top of the you
Dude, that is near jibberish.

Okay so the open ended tube in the tank determines the water level...got that.

How does it self prime?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store