Another n00b with an ID request

bloodworm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2009
N. Atlanta GA
sorry guys - know you get a lot of these.

ok - he/she is approximately 4". just brought home today (hence the less than happy pose). setup in a 75 wet dry @ about 78 degrees.

first pike - know it is a Crenicichla sp. but that is about it. was only $9.99 if that helps.

LFS folks had no idea either. only knew was eating great (apparently took out a plecostomus tankmate before moved to solitary) !

any help is appreciated. will certainly send a better picture when this one cheers up . . .

thanks

IMG_3641.JPG

FSM

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jan 1, 2008
Georgia
Where did you get it? I live near atlanta as well.

Cichlaholics Anonymous

Polypterus
MFK Member
May 23, 2006
Miami, Florida
good pickup on that sp. ven. seems like a lot of the petsmart stores are carrying them recently

bloodworm

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jan 16, 2009
N. Atlanta GA
Thanks all. it is eating like a maniac. pulled out an old "aqua clear 2000" to supplement the sump. turned the heat down a bit to 77.

one question - he is leaving the pellets and frozen krill on the floor but mawing on earthworms. seems to eat whatever moves. suspect the old rule of not feeding for a few days and seeing if that changes his mind should work - but wondered if pikes are a bit more difficult than that?

thanks again

its_an_obsession

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 9, 2008
New Jersey
if you have any other fish in the tank. ive always thought that watching other fish eat something like pellets and krill makes them more inclined to eat it. you should be able to get him on krill. i got one pike that i cant get on pellets and he only takes krill. but the other takes both

orbit

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 21, 2008
Michigan
I have the same Pike and the LPS i got him from just continually threw in pellets until he started to eat them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store