Tanganyika 220 Gallons Showtank - Complete Setup (CANADA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com

Some here might recognize the tank...

Located in Burlington Ontario.

Oceanic 220 Gallon Oak w/ Matching stand & Full Glass Top
Two Fluval 405 Filters & Fluval FX5 Filter (Rated for 600 gallons)

T5 2x Aqualight

200 Pounds of Siliva Sand
60 Pounds of finely crushed Argonite
400 Pounds of beautiful Kingston Weathered Stone
2x Slate mounted Driftwood

5 Synodontis Catfish (Unknown species at the moment)
9 Zaire Blue Frontosa (Moba) - 2 Captive Bred, 7 Wild Caught
(Largest is near 13" and the smallest is near 6"

I don't want to split it up, but If I get a good offer on the fish I might.

ozz465

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jan 15, 2006
Ca
DAAAAAAM! very nice set up . lucky bastard who gets this.

puffcrusader696

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Corning, New York
www.youtube.com
why you selling? too nice a tank to get rid of in my opinion... whoever gets it is waay to lucky...

Will Hayward

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 5, 2008
Canada
www.alternativeaquariums.com
I hate to sell it, but I must f several reasons. I really don't want to split it up, I want to see someone take it and develop it further. Add some more Tanganyikan natives. I hope that whomever does buy it will keep me in the loop about it and send some photos from time to time.

This tank is the only thing that keeps me sane somedays. Coming into a the room with the lights out, with the blue actinic glow from the tank, and these gentle giants cruising about with their long trailers behind them. It is really relaxing and calming. The water ripples the surface and gives a shimmer on the sand like light on a reef. This is definitely something that would keep ones blood pressure in check if they spent 30 minutes a night relaxing and watching. These fish are relatively slow and watching how the colony interacts and responds is very interesting. One shows dominance to another who usually submits or fights. If they submit they turn their head upwards and the dominant will swim on by with fins flared. If both are equally matched they will swim face to face opening their mouths as large as possible comparing whose is larger. The large males herd the females around. And every so often the small catfish come out to scavenge the front of the tank- staying in the open but for only a minute before returning to the rock crevices.

I spend a lot of time with my nose against the glass- and If I didn't sell it, I would continue to do so. Hopefully someone will recognize the beauty and take interest in buying the complete setup.

The tank has won 4 small competitions in local clubs and on monsterfishkeepers.com.

I am asking $3000 for the whole kit and koobudle.

puffcrusader696

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Corning, New York
www.youtube.com
Oh man I would love that tank... Maybe for a birthday present... Doubt it by it's worth a try to ask my parents

puffcrusader696

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 15, 2008
Corning, New York
www.youtube.com
ima try to work something out with the parents but its not looking hopeful... my birthday is coming up so maybe i can work something out... i hope i can get it :D

ronin_man

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Burlington, Ontario, Canada
damn Will,
if i had the cash/room i'd buy it for sure, sweet set up man.
(where'd you get the stone from ? i'd like to get some)
PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store