Lets see what's in your stand! mechanical photo's

HarlanAshmore

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 27, 2008
Melbourne Ausralia
heres my 55 with a few discus tetras other amazonian fish its got a 2215 and a fluval 3+

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
LowCel;3023367; said:
I don't think I have mentioned it but I really like your systems, you do a very nice job on them.

I just purchased a new replacement 36 watt UV for my 210 since mine went bad. I can't wait to get one for my 300. My lfs is selling my old stand from the 210, once they sell it I'm using that money to purchase the UV and pump for it from them.
Thanks a lot man much appreciated. Yours as well your UGJ makes me drool :nilly: and the sump is sexy as hell

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
HarlanAshmore;3023399; said:
heres my 55 with a few discus tetras other amazonian fish its got a 2215 and a fluval 3+
Nice , bet you love the bio power of that eheim :naughty:

The Rat

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
UK
LowCel;2991617; said:
Here is an update to the filtration for my 300. Not the prettiest but it works.

Hi like your system and have some questions for you :grinno:
What happened to your filter socks you where using in a earlier pic why are you not using them any more ?
Can you tell me what is the brand of that tap in the second pic or where I could get some from online ?

thx
Rat

The Rat

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
UK
This is the filtration on my little 80G tank.
The sump is running a 900g/h pump.
The small pool sand filter pumping 1000g/h
and a eheim 2217

Sand filter flow rate in action

Rat

Reactions: LazyLathe

LowCel

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 10, 2006
Charleston, WV
The Rat;3023875; said:
Hi like your system and have some questions for you :grinno:
What happened to your filter socks you where using in a earlier pic why are you not using them any more ?
Can you tell me what is the brand of that tap in the second pic or where I could get some from online ?

thx
Rat
Thank you. I had the socks out so I could clean them. I need to buy some extras so I can just swap them out. I've got them out again now, I'm not able to do any tank maintenance so I had to make it as simple as possible until I get back on my feet.

I'm not sure what "tap" you are refering to. If you could point it out I'd be more than happy to help though.

tcarswell

Polypterus
MFK Member
Dec 6, 2008
Tibet
The Rat;3023950; said:
This is the filtration on my little 80G tank.
The sump is running a 900g/h pump.
The small pool sand filter pumping 1000g/h
and a eheim 2217

Sand filter flow rate in action

Rat
Good lord. What kind of stock needs all that? How do you like the sand filter :)

The Rat

Gambusia
MFK Member
Oct 29, 2008
UK
LowCel;3024026; said:
I'm not sure what "tap" you are refering to. If you could point it out I'd be more than happy to help though.

If you go back up too that second picture I posted of yours it's that tap right in the middle with the red handle and it can be disconected from both ends.
Thanks for any help as I cannot soure it over here.

tcarswell;3024209; said:
Good lord. What kind of stock needs all that? How do you like the sand filter :)
Love the sand filter I have odered another one and will be fitting two more on my next build. They are only small hold 20kg of sand and have a built in pump in the base http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=227653
It's a stingray pups grow out tank they are total pigs eat four times a day and seem too poop more out then what goes in.

ozpkchris;3025880; said:
hey rat What kinda overflows you running
The tank has a built in overflow in one corner made from glass with a stand pipe fitted going to the sump. Have a look in this top veiw shot top left corner you can see the overflow. Just added some bulkheads to the top lids for the inlet & outlet to the sand filter.

Rat

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store