7 arrested in Brazil, illegal export of plecos, rays

StefanW

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Germany
david503bk;3390491; said:
right click go down to yahoo and click transfer to english
I did not mean simply to translate it into english. There seems to be a english version, which enables people to surf the site in english :)
that's the button I am looking for :confused:

vamptrev

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Apr 23, 2007
Chesterfield MI
silvaxingu;3395259; said:
Here is the link to the IBAMA Normative Instruction 204 of Oct. 22, 2008 that establishes the quota system for the collecting and commerce of freshwater stingrays.
(in English)
http://www.ornamental-fish-int.org/uploads/Q4/Lk/Q4Lk1XjQ1Yu49GNnRMHKaA/Stingrays.pdf
Here is the link to the news break of Aug. 19, 2009.
( in Portuguese)
http://noticias.pgr.mpf.gov.br/noti...a-por-5-crimes/?searchterm=peixes ornamentais
translation-

MPF/EQUAL: group that sold fish rarely for the outside can be denounced by 5 crimes 20/9-/8-20 14h43 Seven persons, prey yesterday, were caught in the act negotiating specimens of commercialization prohibited with buyers of the Asia and Europe Seven persons were prey yesterday, 19 of August, in Altamira, Manaus and São Paulo, in work of battle to the smuggling of Brazilian aquatic fauna. The accused, businessmen of the branch of fish you adorn and a public servant, were caught in the act
negotiating specimens of commercialization prohibited with buyers of the Asia and of the Europe.

After a year of inquiries of the Federal Police, the Federal Public Department in Altamira (EQUAL) asked the prison of him investigated and the locking of five companies of the branch of fish you adorn in Altamira (Hom Aquarium and Aguapeixe Aquarium), in Magé, in the Rio de Janeiro (Acqua Betha With Imp and Exp Ltd), in Manaus, in the Amazon (Turkys Aquarium) and in Saints, São Paulo (Fish Commerce Aquarium.

The Federal Justice, that also accompanied the verification since the beginning, complied with all of the requests and ordered the operations. Four of the accused they were prisoners in preventive condition, being able to stayed 30 days or more in the chain. The others three received temporary prison and stayed jailed by five days, deferrable by more five.

Beyond it sell the fish endemic – that alone live in the confluence between the rivers Xingu and Iriri, region central of him Stop – the group made falsehood ideological, through an intricate plan for "heat" documents of traffic of the animals. On the basis of the tests collected they will be able to to be denounced subsequently by the MPF by the group formation crimes, ideological falsehood, passive and active corruption and environmental crime.

Route – THE group now insult by the joint action of the Police, of the Public Department and of the Justice obtinha the fish of the suppliers of Altamira and Manaus. Afterwards, it packed, the illegal merchandise were transported in private planes, through Itaituba or Santarém, of where followed for the ports of Saints and of the Rio de Janeiro. Of Saints, the fish were remitted for the Àsia. Already by Rio, arrived to the Europe.

The fish of species as the Acari Zebra and the Skate of the Iriri achieve high values in the international black market of fish you adorn. Second the report of the Federal Police, an only specimen of Acari Zebra can reach the value of OR$ 1.5 thousand in the Asia or in the Europe.

Advisory board of Communication Procuradoria of the Republic in him Stop Phones: (91) 3299,0148 / (91)
3299,0177 / (91) 9999,8189 / (91) 8212,9526 Twitter: @MPF_EQUAL

selki

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2008
Hawaii
they need more police protecting local fauna and the endangered species all over the world!!!

LBathory

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 25, 2008
New Jersey
I'm glad they caught them. Its having them in the wild reproducing which allows us to enjoy our hobby.

StefanW

Gambusia
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2007
Germany
Thank you for the interesting links.
I am glad, that I do not have anything to do with wildcaught rays at all and all my rays, even my adult ones, are already captive bred, so I do not have to have a sore conscience for sure!

DavidW

INCOMING!!!
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2005
Manaus, Brasil
lincolngoh;3398118; said:
It's just a cost of doing business for them... no biggie..
I don;t need to repeat what I told you in the batman thread, but BS!. Again , you don;t have a clue.

This particular bust is HUGE.
At this time, because of this bust very big people are in jail. NOTHING AT ALL IS SHIPPING FROM BRAZIL, not just rays, but ALL fish, until this is sorted out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store