My Planted Tank - 8 gallon

fank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2010
NY
I wanted to start a thread about my new planted 8 gallon biocube.
It has two 18 watt fluorescent bulbs, which in total would be 36 watts.
Therefore, I have 4.5 wpg. (36/8 = 4.5)
I am using ADA substrate. (Powersand, aquasoil, and powder)
I also have a DIY co2 system which is running well so far.
As a foreground plant i am attempt Glosso, which i hear is hard to grow properly. I have a piece of driftwood coming in from the right with Christmas moss attached by fishing line. As a midground plant im using Red Lily plants.
Behind the Red Lilies, there is one Vallisneria, and two Sunset Hygros.
The filtration is a sump, not sure of the details but heres the exact tank online. (Made by Oceanic):
http://www.bigalsonline.com/BigAlsUS/ctl3684/cp18525/si1685115/cl0/oceanicbiocube8gallon

Here is the picture from day 1:

** The camera quality is not good at all, but hopefully i can borrow my friends camera and take some better pictures

Photo 5.jpg

Deep Blue Sea

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 2, 2010
Alameda Ca
I didnt know bio-cube made an 8g tank

Matt724

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 19, 2009
SOCAL & ANN ARBOR, MI
Looks great. Good for you using quality products. I suggest you move the diffuser to the back behind some plants as it is pretty obstructive. Shrimp is a good choice, but some rice fish or other small tetras/minnows/rasboras/etc. would also look really good. Maybe some mountain minnos or checkerboard tetras. idk, its up to you.

fank

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Feb 8, 2010
NY
Matt724;4178455; said:
Looks great. Good for you using quality products. I suggest you move the diffuser to the back behind some plants as it is pretty obstructive. Shrimp is a good choice, but some rice fish or other small tetras/minnows/rasboras/etc. would also look really good. Maybe some mountain minnos or checkerboard tetras. idk, its up to you.
I have my diffuser placed there because the filter outputs water right above it, forcing the co2 bubbles to swarm around and become a smaller size. thanks for the idea though. also thanks for the ideas about stocking. ill look into all of those. thanks

bigblue22

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 2, 2010
USA
very cool. and i like the shrimp idea. you could also get crabs

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store