Got 3 Clown Fish! 8D

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
snyder810;4285125; said:
the larger clown is/will be the dominant one (and a female) more than likely. if it and another pairs off keep an eye out for some major aggression towards the left out clown
ok will do can these guys get along with Dog Face puffers??

snyder810

Gambusia
MFK Member
Mar 20, 2008
Ohio
Zfishies;4285140; said:
ok will do can these guys get along with Dog Face puffers??
if by get along you mean the dog face eating them and enjoying it then sure...lol all kidding aside dog faces get large and love to eat and with those teeth smaller clown's would most definately eventually be on the menu, now maybe the sebae (bumble bee) or maroon could work with a dog face long term (they get larger than the species you have) but it'd prly have to be in a larger tank....

you could prly do some of the smaller toby puffers with what you have

Kevin8888

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 14, 2009
Canada
fishy12;4285052; said:
y does everyone think salts so hard to take care of...

Because some salt water fish actualy are unbelievably hard to take care of, infact many wont eat anything we will give them in captivity and will die. And others have extreamly specific diets that are either hard to get or are expencive feeds, like pods for mandrins. But grand skeam of things I have to agree, most salt fish arent that hard to care for, the only difference is the high maintinance tanks.

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Were these 3 clowns all in the same tank when you bought them? Not to bring your hopes down, but usually clowns pair up and the 3rd one gets the living crap beaten out of it. I would really advise you keep an eye on the smallest one. Good luck

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
when I bought them I already knew 2 were males and 1was a female that 1 is bigger then all of them and the other 2 are the samesize and right now there all getting along swiming and all that together. Might add a hawkfish and 2 more other types of fish then am done

shua71

Candiru
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2009
Los Angeles
Zfishies;4287774; said:
when I bought them I already knew 2 were males and 1was a female that 1 is bigger then all of them and the other 2 are the samesize and right now there all getting along swiming and all that together. Might add a hawkfish and 2 more other types of fish then am done
I would assume 1 is male and 1 is unsexed. If you had 2 males they would fight until one is dead. Let me know how this works out for you, very interested to see what happens long term

Zfishies

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Apr 5, 2010
Milky Way Galaxy,
alrighty! am pretty sure both where males, i still have them there all swiming together, eating together, doing everything together! pics tonight am going to add something in... idk yet but something

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store