Aro safety net

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
pics?? OMG I didn't say it was pretty to look at, but yes, need a couple days my camera is mad cause it went whitewater rafting. Nylon Mesh attatched with mini stretchy bungee undr the lid so if he knocks the lid off, theoretically the net will hold.

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
OK OK camera #2 died whitewater rafting. Camera #1 got stomped by a Bighorn Sheep I was photographing. So I will post pics as soon as I get my mitts on another digital. Here it goes:

Nylon Mesh Material, like a football jersey. Washed and soaked in aquarium stuff (stresscoated/zymed water) just in case. Net goes over top of tank, under lid so he can't cut himself playing tigger, he coils at the bottom and shoots straight up. The net is stayed yes! like a reverse circus net, the attachments go down the sides of the tank and I put bungee stretch cord and secured it just like a boat to a dock, same hook style same fig. 8 wrap for quick release and retying. (The cats like this part)
Materials intended for commercial fishing weren't so fish friendly , I just started there cause I hail from a commercial crab fishing town. Those nets, even shrimp net could cut a fish. If you could get a big enough piece of pond/koi net material it might be better. I imagine the material will weaken rapidly because it's moist (i'll let you know) I was very careful to try and make sure there's no way he can get caught in the net. So far, it's ok, can feed thru it, have to undo it to work in the tank.

This is an experiment and I think a cool idea but everyone please be careful if you try this because I don't want to hear stories of "my aro got caught in the net and died!" It's still new so please PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK and if anyone else had better ideas, lets hear it!!

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
No, ALL my money goes to the damn fish, I still dont have a new camera and when Gook jumped out I was soaking his mesh netting in white vinegar to remove any dyes and of course, it happens then, so maybe my net did work all this time huh? Damnstupid Fish. I have spent wellllll over $1500 on his dead ass. So now my money is saving up for the blacks....I probably won't eat this year, unless I like crickets and Hikari.

The LockNess Monster Leaves no stone unturned...........

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
No, ALL my money goes to the damn fish, I still dont have a new camera and when Gook jumped out I was soaking his mesh netting in white vinegar to remove any dyes and of course, it happens then, so maybe my net did work all this time huh? Damnstupid Fish. I have spent wellllll over $1500 on his dead ass. So now my money is saving up for the blacks....I probably won't eat this year, unless I like crickets and Hikari.

The LockNess Monster Leaves no stone unturned...........

damn luck Mei, after all those days and nights with that mesh on, he chose that time to jump out. i dont think G was that stupid, he picked the right night to go clubbing.....

meiling

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Nov 7, 2005
In your Computer
damn luck Mei, after all those days and nights with that mesh on, he chose that time to jump out. i dont think G was that stupid, he picked the right night to go clubbing.....
Das my boy, his spirit lives on to taunt me with, what crazy stunts would he have pulled this week?. I actually have to thank the Lockness monster for this one, cause the one time I took it down to make it better, wham! But, I guess maybe that netting worked. Damn stupid fish. Wow, aro's make good fertilizer in the garden...................(that ought to get me banned for life!) G picked the wrong half of the state if he wants to go clubbing.......no such thing up here. (ahhhhh, at times I do miss the city)

kriztu

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 11, 2005
Dubai UAE
or maybe he just wanted to check out the local sites, pretty hard being stuck in the same place all day everyday.....

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store