Are STs breeding in captivity now?

classic-chassis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
Thailand
Not going ot read through all of this so sorry. True Chopaya basin pulchers are extinct. Fact.
Scientists in a research lad in Nakornswawn,(which is currently flooded) are trying to breed Pulcher with limited sucess. Fact.
Pulcher are not being bred in captivity. Fact.
Phone the Department of Fisheries in BKK and tell them you're doing a PHD and need information like i did, they'll tell you the same.
CT? I'm not sure about that because i've not had or got the means to research it. VT? same same.
Not captive bred for sure though. Fact.
Wild caught? I'm not sure about that.
No baby ITs in thailand now after massive amounts last year. Why is that? One year old Pulchers apleanty this year. Why is that?
In the coming years i'm going to build a house in Petchaburi. I'm going to try and breed Arowan for a hobby. I'm going to get loads of NTTs and give them everything they have in the wild to see if they breed. reed beds, caves, holes in the ground, sand as a bottom. I tell you one thing i know. I won't be the first to try it.

Fishes33

Polypterus
MFK Member
Apr 4, 2006
Canada, Toronto
No baby ITs in thailand now after massive amounts last year. Why is that? One year old Pulchers apleanty this year. Why is that?
But... this guy in Arofanatic said he got about 4000 pieces of 1"-2" Indo 3 bars & Classic in Jarkarta

http://www.arofanatics.com/forums/showthread.php?t=479895

I am going to try to breed ST too!!! ^-^

1) in the process of buying / looking for more ST, but they are so "FREAKING" expensive 10" ST ~ $2200, 19" ST ~ $2800

2) planning to get a 300G acrylic tank (the fish is even more expensiver than the tank ~.~'')

classic-chassis

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Mar 2, 2008
Thailand
But... this guy in Arofanatic Jarkarta
That's really daft. I wrote Thailand, you know that place don't you?
I would bet most of the VT CT are coming out of Thailand, or Vietnam, or Cambodia, where the scammers are a very artful breed of people. They're so good a telling lies they think they're telling the truth, and they like nothing more than to scam round eyes out of their money.

1) in the process of buying / looking for more ST, but they are so "FREAKING" expensive 10" ST ~ $2200, 19" ST ~ $2800

2) planning to get a 300G acrylic tank (the fish is even more expensiver than the tank ~.~'')
Good luck with that, but if scientists can't do it i'm pretty sure i know how it's going to end for you.

No doubt there are pulchers in the wild in some SEA countries. No Doubt they are fish, caught and sold for high prices.
No doubt none of them are captive bred.

Arowana718

Piranha
MFK Member
Nov 10, 2010
nyc
That's really daft. I wrote Thailand, you know that place don't you?
I would bet most of the VT CT are coming out of Thailand, or Vietnam, or Cambodia, where the scammers are a very artful breed of people. They're so good a telling lies they think they're telling the truth, and they like nothing more than to scam round eyes out of their money.

Good luck with that, but if scientists can't do it i'm pretty sure i know how it's going to end for you.
I have 1 Indo that looks almost like ST.. i call him my CT/VT aka bootleg ST.. got him for really cheap.. maybe it is a scam... hehe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5HHZkxbGtc

Luc

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 4, 2008
Singapore
www.youtube.com

nomad

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 4, 2008
Colorado
have fun wasting your time ..you might as well try breeding the loch ness monster.

All this threads "the captivity breeding", the "stability" ,etc. have been beaten to death already for years, but they always come back (kind of like herpes) every couple of months or so, just to waste more bandwidth.

Loubard

Fire Eel
MFK Member
May 17, 2005
EU
Not going ot read through all of this so sorry. True Chopaya basin pulchers are extinct. Fact.
Scientists in a research lad in Nakornswawn,(which is currently flooded) are trying to breed Pulcher with limited sucess. Fact.
Pulcher are not being bred in captivity. Fact.
Phone the Department of Fisheries in BKK and tell them you're doing a PHD and need information like i did, they'll tell you the same.
CT? I'm not sure about that because i've not had or got the means to research it. VT? same same.
Not captive bred for sure though. Fact.
Wild caught? I'm not sure about that.
In the coming years i'm going to build a house in Petchaburi. I'm going to try and breed Arowan for a hobby. I'm going to get loads of NTTs and give them everything they have in the wild to see if they breed. reed beds, caves, holes in the ground, sand as a bottom. I tell you one thing i know. I won't be the first to try it.
Here it seems to say the person visited does breed pulchers (in the visiting asia section).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store