Experienced some of the highest cichlid aggression I've ever seen

Madness

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2010
Puyallup, WA
Well I thought you were serious about trying to combine, so I was giving some advice. As for Grammodes not being good tank mates. Not true, they can work at times. I have a 10 incher in a community tank. But back to the OP, Dude do what you want. If you have a question, ask it. If you have some cool pics or vids, share them. But your incoherent babble is getting old. Not to mention, who cares about your Mustang. This is a fish forum, not brag or try to make yourself look cool. So, if you are truly gone, enjoy. :)

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
I do believe tank cleanings make aggressive fish more aggressive (but this is only temporary)...my africans get all fired up when I clean their tank and remain fired up for about a half an hour after the tank cleaning. Then after that they all are friends again and swimming with each other, until the next tank cleaning lol

& theres no need to brag about your stang and what not. There will always be a few @$$holes on this website, keep doing what you want...you don't need to change or let it get to you...can't please everyone man :)

Gatorxxx420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2010
Taylor, Mi
I do believe tank cleanings make aggressive fish more aggressive (but this is only temporary)...my africans get all fired up when I clean their tank and remain fired up for about a half an hour after the tank cleaning. Then after that they all are friends again and swimming with each other, until the next tank cleaning lol

& theres no need to brag about your stang and what not. There will always be a few @$$holes on this website, keep doing what you want...you don't need to change or let it get to you...can't please everyone man :)
My CA/SA's do this too. It's the fresh water that gets em all frisky. Entertaining to watch while it goes on.

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
My CA/SA's do this too. It's the fresh water that gets em all frisky. Entertaining to watch while it goes on.
Ya, same goes for my CA/SA tank also. I think what happens is they get scared and don't really know whats going on and so they take out their aggression on others...at least thats what I think

Calihawk

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Dec 15, 2010
There are so many thousands of different threads, and thats what this forum is for, Post what ever you want about fish...and even non-fish topics. Just because no one can or cannot learn anything from anyone's post, shouldnt even matter at all.

I see these posts like shopping, if you dont like it move on...if you sampled something bitter, who told you to try it out?

Gatorxxx420

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2010
Taylor, Mi
Ya, same goes for my CA/SA tank also. I think what happens is they get scared and don't really know whats going on and so they take out their aggression on others...at least thats what I think
I think it's the fresh water. Think of how often a water change sparks fish to spawn? They probably get frisky in the wild during the spring rains too.

C L O W N K N I F E

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 10, 2011
Plumas Lake, California
I think it's the fresh water. Think of how often a water change sparks fish to spawn? They probably get frisky in the wild during the spring rains too.
Ya, that too lol

clekchau

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jul 26, 2006
tx
www.clekchau.com
thats quite a combo for only a 75, grammodes can be really mean ask me how i know :D but several people told me they can work in a community, i guess its hit or miss but i wouldn't try it in anything smaller than a 200.

can you post a full tank shot?

Madness

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 30, 2010
Puyallup, WA

This is the exact reason why the fish get that way after a water change. I do cold water changes, and this happens every time. It does not make fish more aggressive, just more in the mood.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store