How We Moved Our 5 Foot Arapaima Gigas

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
only one thing beats it !!! after he sees me and does the dance I get to hand feed him :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2 :headbang2

Largemouthbadbass;688708; said:
Is it owner responsive?? NOTHING could beat the sight of 60"+ A.Gigas doing the feed-me dance at the front glass!!

Horiyoshi III

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Sep 29, 2006
41.769N -71.129W
www.facebook.com
Yeah,that does beat it,what do you hand feed it? Pellets? I'm shure Jumbo Shrimp with the shells on right? And not to be gross,but when i had Largemouth Bass and they were big 20"+ they would poop pretty big,so your A.Gigas must have you vaccuming pretty frequently so as to avoid the sight of a Massive fish's solid waste sitting in view...No??I'm curious,because i really don't know anyone else with a TRUE Monster like that.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
i have only hand feed larger foods....smelt, shrimp, trout....
the pellets he loves but not by hand....if i drop them in above him..he comes up and smacks them pretty hard....

being scientific about the poop.....it seems that the channel cat leaves large droppinging in the tank....the gigas must do a better job digesting !!!!!
:barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf: :barf:

Largemouthbadbass;689509; said:
Yeah,that does beat it,what do you hand feed it? Pellets? I'm shure Jumbo Shrimp with the shells on right? And not to be gross,but when i had Largemouth Bass and they were big 20"+ they would poop pretty big,so your A.Gigas must have you vaccuming pretty frequently so as to avoid the sight of a Massive fish's solid waste sitting in view...No??I'm curious,because i really don't know anyone else with a TRUE Monster like that.

ultimatejay

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 19, 2006
USA
johnptc;691525; said:
LUCKY AND ALOT OF RESEARCH ALL THE WAY AROUND !!!
John, congrats on the new tank and successful move. Awesome tank and fish. I thought my 750 gallon tank was big. hehe. I think a couple of large Widebar dats and maybe a couple of perch- like a Nile perch and barramundi, would compliment your tank. Sorry, I can't stand cichlids other than P-bass. Great job, keep up the good work. All your fish look really healthy.

johnptc

Feeder Fish
Apr 6, 2005
los angeles
www.fishtankwebcam.com
did you peek in my grow out tank ??

2 nile perch
2 pbass
1 'mundi
1 wide bar
2 baby gigas
...............++

ps.... dont write off a really large dovii...........:popcorn:

ultimatejay;691899; said:
John, congrats on the new tank and successful move. Awesome tank and fish. I thought my 750 gallon tank was big. hehe. I think a couple of large Widebar dats and maybe a couple of perch- like a Nile perch and barramundi, would compliment your tank. Sorry, I can't stand cichlids other than P-bass. Great job, keep up the good work. All your fish look really healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store