New to Bichirs - which lapredei is it?

-DC-

Polypterus
MFK Member
Sep 3, 2009
Canada
Thanks for the feedbacks.

Exoticgreen, pic one looks like mine. Same upper shading and facial markings.

Certainly does have the same facial markings of that ansorgii ExoticGreen posted. Very washed out , the pattern is the best way to tell, On the back/dorsal of the fish when it's in it's darkest you'll see "cicular" blotches as a pattern on ansorgii, on Congi you'll see vertical stripes/bands.

but after seeing ExoticGReens washed out ansorgii i certainly could see the resemblence. Great find if it is, I'd love to have one in my tank, Try a darker/redder substrate should bring some pattern out in it @

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
image.jpg
Certainly does have the same facial markings of that ansorgii ExoticGreen posted. Very washed out , the pattern is the best way to tell, On the back/dorsal of the fish when it's in it's darkest you'll see "cicular" blotches as a pattern on ansorgii, on Congi you'll see vertical stripes/bands.

but after seeing ExoticGReens washed out ansorgii i certainly could see the resemblence. Great find if it is, I'd love to have one in my tank, Try a darker/redder substrate should bring some pattern out in it @
Here it is in a sand blend. Kudos to everyone doing garnet reds. I need to go that route.

image.jpg

Hao

The Ancient
MFK Member
Oct 17, 2008
Like most Ansorgii, it should be from Tikinso Guinea.

King-eL

Polypterus
MFK Member
Nov 28, 2008
Philippines and Canada
It's a polypterus ansorgii from Nigeria. Ansorgii from Nigeria have faint patterns. They dont get the reddish tan color as the tinkisso guinea anaorgii. It's probably the invironment that they came from. I used had nigerian lapradei and ansorgii that came from the same area that are washed out too even on red sand.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Appreciate the info king-el

Ansorgii has changed tones quite a bit from all silver, light tan, dark tan, and now this darker tone. The circular markings only appears in this darker tone as in the pic

image.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store